Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Eddie

Reaction score
Not for nothing but with 2.3 coming out (to other Android Phones) this is sort of like using Win98 instead of Win7. Well maybe not that bad but you get the point.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Not for nothing but with 2.3 coming out (to other Android Phones) this is sort of like using Win98 instead of Win7. Well maybe not that bad but you get the point.

I agree to the analogy, but yes that as extreme though.

8pened!

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Talked with a Rep the nearest mall kiosk who took care of me way better than the physical store down the street and she had similar issues with hers and reassured me that its coming really soon. I asked if it was a new years present and she said Christmas present is better of a title. My hopes are up!

Edit; the fixes. Not froyo.
8pened!

IamGov

Reaction score
Talked with a Rep the nearest mall kiosk who took care of me way better than the physical store down the street and she had similar issues with hers and reassured me that its coming really soon. I asked if it was a new years present and she said Christmas present is better of a title. My hopes are up!

8pened!

Ok, first....how the heck do you use 8pen? I tried that sh*t and could not get it....lol

Really? Christmas? That is only like 3 days away and the Epic update was just announced. I know we all like our sources, but I don't think this one is going to pan out for you. Here's to hoping she is right though.

IamGov

Reaction score

Ey, I would beg to differ on this. 2.3 does not have much over 2.2. When 2.2 was announced over 2.1 it was a big deal. Increased GPU resource management and added a ton of features people were really looking forward to. I like 2.3, but the videos just really are not impressing me. I would say that using 2.1 is like using Vista when 7 is out. Using 2.2 is like using 7 when a new patch update is available that you cannot yet get, still get all the good stuff, but missing a few little extras.

Jamis0n

Reaction score

Ey, I would beg to differ on this. 2.3 does not have much over 2.2. When 2.2 was announced over 2.1 it was a big deal. Increased GPU resource management and added a ton of features people were really looking forward to. I like 2.3, but the videos just really are not impressing me. I would say that using 2.1 is like using Vista when 7 is out. Using 2.2 is like using 7 when a new patch update is available that you cannot yet get, still get all the good stuff, but missing a few little extras.

Over time it gets easier. It's pretty fun using it too. the source of course specially from reps aren't the best. The reason I find it believable is because in the kiosk they're more comfortable and I was speaking about not rooting and I want the fixes with dj05 not froyo. Also gingerbread from froyo is amazing. Froyo maximized and refined. The CPU and gpu are more efficient and run smoother.

8pened!

Jamis0n

Reaction score

8pened!

Ok, first....how the heck do you use 8pen? I tried that sh*t and could not get it....lol

Really? Christmas? That is only like 3 days away and the Epic update was just announced. I know we all like our sources, but I don't think this one is going to pan out for you. Here's to hoping she is right though.

Also.. if the epic is ready why not the fascinate being also a cdma phone and hardware pieces the same.

8pened!

Bunachi

Reaction score
I agree with all the analogy's. I just hate the fact that it seems like samsung (or whoever is over the updates) doesn't care or try.. "In a few weeks" is there slogan. This phone came out after 2.2 was released so how hard is it.. And now 2.3 is released which I'm not to excited for either but what blows my mind is that were talking about multi billion dollar companies but they can't do an update very well . I'm not really angry or whining its just hard to grasp that If your job is to make this update work on whatever phone your supposed to put it on then why does it take that long. That's what I'm wondering. But in reality this phone on 2.1 is better than the droid x on 2.2 IN MY OPINION just the normal apps are easier and the screen is awesome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
The reason is that for samsung cell phones are not a primary product so they get leftover attention. Verizon is just pushing too many droids at once. Not only do they have to service the existing phones but prepare for future phones. For example in the first three months of 2011 htc is releasing 3 new phones on verizon (1 per month) not to mention the lte network and the upcoming iphone release.

Richdd

Reaction score
The reason is that for samsung cell phones are not a primary product so they get leftover attention. Verizon is just pushing too many droids at once. Not only do they have to service the existing phones but prepare for future phones. For example in the first three months of 2011 htc is releasing 3 new phones on verizon (1 per month) not to mention the lte network and the upcoming iphone release.

Ok, using this line of thought, the next generation of Ford cars to be sold will be serviced only by Ford first, and all earlier models are to be sold to junk yards because they will no longer be serviced? Is that what this has come to with Samsung? I'm not impressed at all. I bought this phone for the current features and future upgrades that we are all anticipating. But Samsung choses to leave us hanging?
Sounds appropriate, after all we already bought the phone.... so they got what they wanted out of us....... We the SUCKERS!!!
Makes me want to consider my next phone WILL NOT be a Samsung!! Or Android.

Eddie

Reaction score
While my next phone will be an Android I will never again be suckered into a Samsung device of any kind.

Jst$In$Tme

Reaction score
It's not to that extreme as three ford example but a business focuses their attention on the bigger products such as samsung with televisions or home appliances and phones secondary. It sucks and is bad business. Customer service and care should be the number one focus for any business. However I wouldn't give up on androids just yet. Htc makes an awesome phone that is reliable. The incredible hd is going be amazing plus the iphone if rumored to have core processors and fact recognition security (hold camera to your face, it scans face to unlock phone) and a scratch and break resistant screen. In my opinion the iphone still offers superior performance due to apples unbeatable operating system. So I would just avoid samsung in the future.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
It's not to that extreme as three ford example but a business focuses their attention on the bigger products such as samsung with televisions or home appliances and phones secondary. It sucks and is bad business. Customer service and care should be the number one focus for any business. However I wouldn't give up on androids just yet. Htc makes an awesome phone that is reliable. The incredible hd is going be amazing plus the iphone if rumored to have core processors and fact recognition security (hold camera to your face, it scans face to unlock phone) and a scratch and break resistant screen. In my opinion the iphone still offers superior performance due to apples unbeatable operating system. So I would just avoid samsung in the future.

I don't know what everyone is belly aching about, but I'm very satisfied by my phone with the light weight, screen, speed, and my first android. I've been waiting for so long for Samsung to bring out a great phone to big red instead of at&t and I got it. Even though I am a little envious for now having what everyone else has, I still love my fascinate.

8pened!

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I too love my fascinate and have had just about every android phone out there.

eris>incredible>droid 2>droid x>fascinate

I loved 2.2 and miss it, but the fascinate beats all of them hands down and when it does get the update to 2.2 or maybe even 2.3 it will rule the roost!!!!

fascinate>etna.... when it comes out

ATC1986

Reaction score
I never got the update for the sf. Everyone is saying that there its an update that you should get once you get the phone and it is activated... However on settings it shows that I have one there , but when I try to start it never starts up...... What should I do...?