Update: Version: 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US

ELH

Reaction score
Been running 2.3.4 for about a week now. IMO, no major difference, good or bad. I was already happy with 2.3.3, battery burn during idle time has improved with 2.3.4 but overall this update looks like a non event. Free memory has not changed much and issues like wallpaper fixes are not my concern.

03civicdx

Reaction score
Also noticed they did away with the green light when your phone is done charging and I'm not waking up to a frozen phone that I have to do a battery pull to wake up. So that makes me happy.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
Must be placebo effect but I could swear my phone now runs much smoother and better. Its almost as if the update just needed a week or two to settle in. I still notice the memory hovers at about 340-360 megs "in use" all the time. To be fair though I do use alot of Widgets that hog resources. I dunno....just saying

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Must be placebo effect but I could swear my phone now runs much smoother and better. Its almost as if the update just needed a week or two to settle in. I still notice the memory hovers at about 340-360 megs "in use" all the time. To be fair though I do use alot of Widgets that hog resources. I dunno....just saying

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

One of the main points of Android is that you don't have to worry about how much RAM you have free. It's fine, more RAM free doesn't automatically translate into a "better" or "smoother" phone.

It's kinda like the transition from Windows XP>Windows Vista/7. Vista and 7 use different techniques to handle RAM than XP, on the same system there is less free RAM if its running Vista/7 as opposed to XP but it's actually smoother that way because it uses the memory in a different, more efficient way.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
My opinion still is that this update is WAY better then the last build. In comparing with the HTC Incredible 2 that my girlfriend owns, running 2.3.4 as well. And my Samsung Droid Charge that I bought used off ebay running the 2.2.1 (This phone is a sad mistake!) I feel as if the charge is a promnight dumpster baby from both Verizon and Samsung put together. So again, in my opinion my exploring with these three devices I have come to this rating: #1 Droid X2 hands down. So much good things that its hard where to start. #2 HTC Incredible 2. Very nice phone. Very good camera on it, front facing camera and still get LED notification light. But not as quick as the X2. I also like hard buttons or at least some what of good soft buttons like on the OG droid, Bionic and Razr. But the INC2 has complete soft buttons that are barely noticable. The screens not as big as the 4.3 either lol. And #3 The Droid Charge. Complete Garbage, GPS sucks, Data consistantly drops, Random reboots and problems with widgets and apps malfunctioning. Call quality sucks. The hardware is flimsy with its plastic back. Garbage battery power. Better have a charger by you at least two times a day. And they wont update their out of date software when theres been clear leaks of gingerbread all the way up to 2.3.5 that fixes major issues and runs flawlessly yet still never an OTA. Last one was in June I believe and it did nothing from what I see. Complete crap. The camera and front facing is beautiful and the super amold screen is gorgeous with awesome big hard buttons. Its also a single core. I'm happy to say that I truely believe this phone, the Droid X2 is running top dog for 3G. Right behind all 4G. (But not the Charge lol)

Sent from my DROID X2

Last edited:

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I have also noticed the available ram issue. Yesterday for the first time I received a little tiny pop up saying..."low memory"

I always get this message while playing 'Dragon, Fly'... that's the only time I ever see it!

BrendonSF

Reaction score
FYI, as with others, I have had much better luck using the "flashed" (installed via SBF) update rather than the OTA. The OTA yielded a sluggish phone. After SBFing to 2.3.4, I am amazed at how much smoother the phone operates.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
FYI, as with others, I have had much better luck using the "flashed" (installed via SBF) update rather than the OTA. The OTA yielded a sluggish phone. After SBFing to 2.3.4, I am amazed at how much smoother the phone operates.

Yes but I have been noticing when you factory reset the phone and/or hard factory reset the phone; When the android guy comes up and you press it and try to activate it doesnt work. Check it out: [video=youtube;x9qPY9ze44k]http://youtu.be/x9qPY9ze44k[/video]. Thats one of two DX2's I have that were both flashed to the latest 2.3.4 SBF. And both did the same. I don't know if that was the reason why or not. I wouldnt have been able to tell cuz I didnt have one that wasnt flashed lol. BUT I did find a work around, 1.) Don't FR when flashing is done and just dial *228 to activate, should be no beeps. Or 2.) If your stuck cuz you already FR; FR one more time and touch the android guy RIGHT when it comes up before your phone starts reading anything and that "bypasses" the activation screen. You can then proceed forward without even setting anything up and you'll see the familiar triangle in the upper right next to the signal icon. Then do as I said before, call *228 and you'll be able to activate without no beeps. This one I know for sure worked cuz I just did the bypass, dont actually know if right from flashing if the *228 worked without beep or not but I am pretty positive it will cuz the triangle is in the upper right next to signal right after flash so I'd think it'd work the same. Hope this helps if anyone has ran into this problem or not. Other then that, I do agree with the opinion that the flashed version of 2.3.4 is flawless. No problems here, and I've flashed 2.3.4, OTA'd 2.3.4 and then flashed again back to 2.3.4 cuz I liked it better.

Last edited: