[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

Natey2

Reaction score
Corporate / Enterprise data plan is still $44.99 for unlimited data, I believe.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
IN AWE said:
Your missing the actual plan price. The lowest price plan is $39.99 for 450 minutes, then add data to that and your at $90.

Ah, i knew something wasn't right.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
CtrlZ said:
I went to att with my girlfriend last night to add more data to her daughters phone. She went with 5 gig. I asked the lady if that was $50 for 5 gig across all 4 of her lines....no that would be $200. $50 a phone. So add the $ 120 for her plan, the $30 for the extra 3 lines...10 bucks per phone per account and her cost was about $350 before fees and taxes. That's insane.
I canceled my home internet. No reason to pay Comcast another $70 a month for that too. We're being hosed bad.

That's insane. How much data do you need? There has to be a less expensive alternative

CtrlZ

Reaction score
That's insane. How much data do you need? There has to be a less expensive alternative

It goes from $50 for 5gig and the next one lower is $30 for 300 mg. That's a big data jump for $20. They really should do a 2gig plan as well but then they wouldn't make as much profit right.

CtrlZ

Reaction score

Here's a screen shot of part of my data usage. Ironic my Google currents use the most.....but who cares I'm still on unlimited and if they're trying to put the screw to our unlimited plan why not let it roll until I'm forced out.
46c2054c-f1d1-b01e.jpg

joshxdroid

Reaction score
CtrlZ said:
It goes from $50 for 5gig and the next one lower is $30 for 300 mg. That's a big data jump for $20. They really should do a 2gig plan as well but then they wouldn't make as much profit right.

Well you definitely should check out at&t's shared plans coming out, because it would probably help you bring the bill down. As long as you don't mind giving up that unlimited.

CtrlZ

Reaction score
Just finished reading this story. It pretty much spells it all out att vs verizon.

This is a good quote from it but the link to the story is below....

"
AT&T, on the other hand, is keeping its per-phone data plans in place and considers Mobile Share as yet another option, rather than the predetermined way of the future. You won’t need to switch to Mobile Share when you upgrade your phone, and if you wanted, AT&T will even let you switch from individual data plans to a shared data plan without forcing you to extend your existing contract.

So which company has the better shared data plan? AT&T’s plan flexibility and cheaper higher tiers — assuming you have at least three smartphones on the plan — are definite advantages, but really, the best plan comes down to your use case, and as we said, the two shared data plans are identical at the 4GB tier that will probably prove to be the most popular."

http://m.gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/te...verizon-whos-got-best-family-data-plan-894120

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Quick question, Im on a rezound with the unlimited plan. I also have a Droid X2 & Incredible, say I want to switch to say the Droid Incredible will that be considered a upgrade and void my unlimited plan?

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You would be fine switching to any other smart phone and still keep your unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

joshxdroid

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
You would be fine switching to any other smart phone and still keep your unlimited data.

This is correct, you can upgrade your phone, you just won't be allowed to get phones on the Verizon subsidized prices. You will have to buy at full price from Verizon, or purchase your phones elsewhere.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks josh, great clarification! Yes, you can upgrade your phone to any smart phone and keep your unlimited as long as you...

-own the phone,
-buy it at full price or
-purchase it elsewhere (Ebay, craigslist)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
SHAK3R said:
Quick question, Im on a rezound with the unlimited plan. I also have a Droid X2 & Incredible, say I want to switch to say the Droid Incredible will that be considered a upgrade and void my unlimited plan?

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

you can use the Rezound today, the Incredible tomorrow and the droid x2 the following day, it does not matter, they are your phones, you can also go buy any other phone you like and add it to your account, your plan will stay the same, nothing changes, once you go to verizon to buy a reduced price phone "subsidized" your current plan is no more.

Last edited:

Colorado

Reaction score
you can use the Rezound today, the Incredible tomorrow and the droid x2 the following day, it does not matter, they are your phones, you can also go buy any other phone you like and add it to your account, your plan will stay the same, nothing changes, once you go to verizon to buy a reduced price phone "subsidized" your current plan is no more.

How do we switch back and forth, can it be done online?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I've done it by calling customer service and following the menu to activate a phone. You give them the esn and they hook you up. The rezound is a 4g with a Sim card if I'm not mistaken, in the case of switching to another 4g devise if you ever get another one, you just pop your sim card in? That's what i understand anyways, i have never done that.

Colorado

Reaction score
I have a droidx and a razr maxx and would like to switch back and forth when i travel. Was hoping i could just do it online as needed.