[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

nikecar

Reaction score
I think he means if people still have the $30 plan, wht can't they now.

The answer is greed.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Their "share everything plans make me angry, it makes me want to abuse my two unlimited lines just because i can and they are being so greedy. I hope other companies step up and offer what people want. They are anti smartphone! I could care less about unlimited talk and text, i use like 60 minutes a month, and i can use any other messaging service like gtalk instead of texting.

sonixmon

Reaction score
Their "share everything plans make me angry, it makes me want to abuse my two unlimited lines just because i can and they are being so greedy. I hope other companies step up and offer what people want. They are anti smartphone! I could care less about unlimited talk and text, i use like 60 minutes a month, and i can use any other messaging service like gtalk instead of texting.

It makes a lot of people angry, but the whole reason they are doing this is to make up for lost revenues due to less or no minutes and text overages. Since people are using face-time, Google talk and other chat and text apps they are not getting the overages on minutes and texts like they used to.

The problem is they went to the extreme on data cost per GB, I hope they come to there senses and make adjustments in the future.

On a side note, my family and I went on a trip to the PA mountains into remote areas. My VZW cell phone had the best coverage, my sisters AT&T iPhone came in second (she would get service a mile or two after I did when we went to town). My wifes T-Mobile PAYG phone had the worst coverage, several times it had 4 bars but said something like not active on the current network or something. Other than that she had similar coverage to my sister.

I will have to factor this in the next time I make a change and will need to decide if it is worth giving up the great coverage. Thankfully I don't plan on changing phones for at least a year or so!

Caesars

Reaction score
Hrm...4g and ps3 games, streaming movies, and entire house running off my maxx this month? I think so!

Googorola MAXX

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Verizon is going to have to pull my unlimited plan out of my hands, because there is no way I'm giving them an extra $30/month. Saving up and buying a new phone from Amazon at full retail what I guess I'm going to start doing.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
SwiftLegend said:
Verizon is going to have to pull my unlimited plan out of my hands, because there is no way I'm giving them an extra $30/month. Saving up and buying a new phone from Amazon at full retail what I guess I'm going to start doing.

Exactly! I will either pay full price for new, of be buying used phones from now on.

CtrlZ

Reaction score
Totally agree. Unless Moto comes out with something new with JB and the same battery life as my Maxx...nothing else out there that I'd buy anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Xander Crews

Reaction score
So glad I re-upped my contract with a new Rezound a couple days before the deadline. I'm going to keep this phone (and my old D2) as long as I can, and then buy used or older model phones on eBay or wherever.

Keeping unlimited data and my cheaper plan as long as I possibly can.

I'll research other providers when the time comes. Verizon can go F themselves with their new plans.

Sent from my HTC Android Rezound using Forum Runner.

cdm369

Reaction score
Shortly you will be reading posts by the same people speaking of how they got screwed.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
cdm369 said:
Shortly you will be reading posts by the same people speaking of how they got screwed.

Exactly! I am waiting this while situation out for a while. I can live with with my two RAZR's and one X2 for now. The S III doesn't appeal to me anyways

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting looking at AT&T plans, they just announced new shared plans. And Verizon is actually cheaper. Well....that scratches AT&T off my list.

AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T

So far Verizon dont seem so bad now...wonder what Sprint and T Mo will do...

Well scratch that....lol.

Forgot about the extra lines...since this will be a share plan. Its does come out a lil cheaper on AT&T in some cases.

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jroc said:
Interesting looking at AT&T plans, they just announced new shared plans. And Verizon is actually cheaper. Well....that scratches AT&T off my list.

AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T

So far Verizon dont seem so bad now...wonder what Sprint and T Mo will do...

Well scratch that....lol.

Forgot about the extra lines...since this will be a share plan. Its does come out a lil cheaper on AT&T in some cases.

Ok, what are the individual plans so much cheaper? Am i not understanding? Two lines with 10 gig shared would cost $180. Or individual costs $50 for 5gig. So someone would be better off getting two individual plans at nearly half the cost

IN AWE

Reaction score
Ok, what are the individual plans so much cheaper? Am i not understanding? Two lines with 10 gig shared would cost $180. Or individual costs $50 for 5gig. So someone would be better off getting two individual plans at nearly half the cost

Your missing the actual plan price. The lowest price plan is $39.99 for 450 minutes, then add data to that and your at $90.

CtrlZ

Reaction score
I went to att with my girlfriend last night to add more data to her daughters phone. She went with 5 gig. I asked the lady if that was $50 for 5 gig across all 4 of her lines....no that would be $200. $50 a phone. So add the $ 120 for her plan, the $30 for the extra 3 lines...10 bucks per phone per account and her cost was about $350 before fees and taxes. That's insane.
I canceled my home internet. No reason to pay Comcast another $70 a month for that too. We're being hosed bad.