[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 12, 2012.

1. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Well....I just called and was advised to call back on the 28th about the new plans....lol. I forgot to ask something and called back. She did let me know if I take off my line thats unlimited and leave the other 2 on a family plan my total bill goes up about $30 - $40.

Called back. I asked can I just have the 2 lines that have tiered data go on the new plan and leave my unlimited line alone. She said the way its worded...I might...She mentioned about sharing data with up to 10 devices. She was thinking ...maybe ...I can just share data with the 2 lines and leave my 1 line with unlimited alone.

She also advised me to call back next week and a few days before the 28th just to make sure. I wonder will Verizon look out for long time customers and do it this way...ala Customer Retention Dept.

#541 jroc, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hardly anyone I know uses the actual stock texting application. They use third-party ones, and most of those use mobile data to send sms rather than your actual messaging plane.

3. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Here is where you are wrong, on AT&T it's $10 for the smartphone and $30 for the 3 GIGS of data "like Verizon used to have, but only 2 or 4 Gig's of data", now on Verizon with the new share plan it's $40 just for the smartphone and after that data starts at $50 for 1 GIG, and the sly thing is that they know that NO ONE is going to pay the $50 for 1 gig deal but go for the more expensive $70 and up deal, it just makes more sense to the consumer and Verizon knows this, so no matter what, you will pay more than $50 for data "$50 is the minimum you will pay for data, and Verizon set it up like that for a reason", so you are telling me it costs Verizon $50 for one gig and $100 for 10 gigs, it just does not add up. You are WAY off.

#543 cybertec69, Jun 14, 2012
  4. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Yea so does AT&T and Sprint, and those two have had that deal for a LONG time, Verizon just included it with their gangsta style new share plans, what a joke, the more you look at these plans the more it makes you sick to the stomach, especially the way the economy is going these days, with people trying to save a buck here and there so they can make ends meet, here comes Verizon gangsta style:icon_ devil:, trying to put a bigger hole in your wallet:mad:. Heck who needs a 401K "well whatever is left of it:(", just hand it over to Verizon, so their big wigs can cash out at the end of the year with those big Million $ bonuses, while they treat the consumer and their own employees like horse dung.

#544 cybertec69, Jun 14, 2012
  5. monkey_man

monkey_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a quick question :blink: I have 2 Basic phones with old plan and all that. When I have upgrade available, can I upgrade Basic to Basic? Or I have to move to the new plan since I have Unlimited phones on it as well :icon_eek: ?

6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    If you have more than one phone on your account and do a subsidized upgrade, you AUTOMATICALLY are USHERED into the new share you money with us plan:icon_ devil:

7. IN AWE

IN AWE Member

Ratings:
    +4
    x2, WAY off.

8. Freakzilla401k

Ratings:
    +0
    How come $50 for the individual data plan gets you 5 gigs but $50 for this new shared family plan gets you 1 gig? Anybody else see something wrong with that. From what I've read on here if you're on an individual plan and you upgrade you will not be forced into this new shared plan, but obviously lose unlimited

9. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Read my post, sixth above this one, so you can understand the slyness in Verizon Marketing. Can't fool me though:icon_ devil:.

10. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Well...I just visited AT&T...and checked on a 3 line family plan unlimited talk n text...

Verizon's new plan came out alot cheaper. Even the old plan is cheaper.

A few things some of us leave out when comparing the new plan to other carriers is the unlimited talk n text. And checking AT&T's insurance options....Verizon is cheaper. The add 2GB for $10 is kinda nice too by Verizon. I dont understand why overages is $15 for 1GB tho... still trying to find out how much AT&T overage/add GB is amount is.

I think when one looks at the total picture and do a more closer apples to apples comparison...this new deal aint too bad. Well with a minimum of 3 lines...lol. And....wont everyone that has unlimited data now lose it when they switch carriers? I STILL dont wanna give up unlimited data tho...

#550 jroc, Jun 14, 2012
  11. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Did you add the additional $120 for the3 smartphones on Verizon. Seems to me people keep forgetting this small detail, like another poster above.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

12. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I went to AT&T and went thru the process of actually trying to get a family plan. And compared it to my current bill. Total was $400...before taxes and fees. At the most my bill is $374 after taxes and fees.

Unlimited vs unlimited.

I edited my post after seeing a few confusing things about overages...lol.

The wild card is data. I have 1 line unlimited. Thats $30 a month. I tried to do a new family plan on Verizon but they wanted too much info. Dont want my credit ran for nothing.

#552 jroc, Jun 14, 2012
Search tags for this page

alp loyalty access discount

alp voice & message (talk & text) family shareplan 1400

how to pay for secondary line on family share plan verizon

picture message provisioning

picture message provisioning verizon

picture messaging provisioning verizon

verizon alp loyalty access discount

verizon alp share
verizon military discount share everything