[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

rojo7905

Reaction score
Do you have proof? We all know Verizon is not forcing people into these contracts. They aren't going to MAKE people switch. We get it. And if one line upgrades, it could affect the whole account. Why wouldn't it? They will no longer have tiered plans after the 28th (if you're on one, you can keep it). The only choice will be a family share plan. They will have individual plans, but a line on a family account can't be switched to an individual plan. Thus, they would be forced to accept the family share plan and put everyone on family share.
The old plans are not going away, Verizon has said that. You are only giving your opinion, and passing it off as a fact. Also, you contradicted yourself in your post...

cdm369

Reaction score
rojo7905 said:
The old plans are not going away, Verizon has said that. You are only giving your opinion, and passing it off as a fact. Also, you contradicted yourself in your post...

The old plans aren't being stripped away.....(grandfathered)....but if you upgrade you are signing a new 2 year agreement. Which means New terms. If you put a line on your account this modifies your account.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

JRParsons

Reaction score
rojo7905 said:

Are you saying that I can upgrade one of my phones on 07/01/12 at the subsidized price and keep my current plan? You really may want to verify that, I just came from the store, and a very knowledgeable Rep. told me she just upgraded to the Razr Maxx to keep her unlimited data for another 2 years. She said that employees are also loosing their unlimited data when they upgrade. I preordered an SG3.
I believe unlimited data is going away. If I misunderstood your post I apologize.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The old plans aren't being stripped away.....(grandfathered)....but if you upgrade you are signing a new 2 year agreement. Which means New terms. If you put a line on your account this modifies your account.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

Bingo. If you upgrade, you lose unlimited and can not be put on a tiered plan. You have to go to family share. If you are on a tiered plan currently, you can still upgrade and maintain your current plan. The old plans will not be offered to new customers after the 28th. In essence, they will be no more.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

I didn't contradict myself. They aren't making you switch UNLESS you upgrade.

rojo7905

Reaction score
Q and A: Verizon's new data plans

Please read the first question and answer. I understand that no one will be able to keep unlimited data, but no one will be forced to switch to a share evening plan. Even if you have unlimited data...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
JRParsons said:
Are you saying that I can upgrade one of my phones on 07/01/12 at the subsidized price and keep my current plan? You really may want to verify that, I just came from the store, and a very knowledgeable Rep. told me she just upgraded to the Razr Maxx to keep her unlimited data for another 2 years. She said that employees are also loosing their unlimited data when they upgrade. I preordered an SG3.
I believe unlimited data is going away. If I misunderstood your post I apologize.

NO

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Q and A: Verizon's new data plans

Please read the first question and answer. I understand that no one will be able to keep unlimited data, but no one will be forced to switch to a share evening plan. Even if you have unlimited data...

That says absolutely nothing about not being forced to share if you upgrade an unlimited line. The only plan you can upgrade and maintain your current plan is a tiered line.

Since the tiered won't exist anymore (unless you're already on it) your only option will be shared.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rojo7905

Reaction score
Do you have proof? We all know Verizon is not forcing people into these contracts. They aren't going to MAKE people switch. We get it. And if one line upgrades, it could affect the whole account. Why wouldn't it? They will no longer have tiered plans after the 28th (if you're on one, you can keep it). The only choice will be a family share plan. They will have individual plans, but a line on a family account can't be switched to an individual plan. Thus, they would be forced to accept the family share plan and put everyone on family share.

Contradiction... and proof.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Contradiction... and proof.

Dude, you really need to learn to read...I've already stated above they won't switch you UNLESS you upgrade. If you upgrade an unlimited line, you lose unlimited and your only plan option will be shared. They won't switch you if you don't upgrade.

rojo7905

Reaction score
Where have you read that the tiered plans are being scrapped? Is this just an opinion of yours or fact?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where have you read that the tiered plans are being scrapped? Is this just an opinion of yours or fact?

I'm on my phone. Give me a few minutes and I'll link it.