[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Definitely upgrade her before the 28th. It will be her last chance for a inexpensive phone. And once she discovers swype, she will wonder why she ever used a physical keyboard. I also use to think I needed the physical keyboard but after I discovered swype on my og droid, that keyboard was never slid open again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
I really wish a high end keyboard phone existed, I had an epic sgs1 and it still may be one of my top two droids.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Drumwolf

Reaction score
Is that true? I dont want to lose unlimited because one of my family members decides to upgrade there line. Every has 2 gb except me.

Like another has stated, you better either have family members start stocking away cash for upgrades or prepare for the worst. This is the sole reason our 5 line account is being cancelled, because if one phone upgrades at an subsidy, the whole account is affected & that's just wrong. :angry:

In other news, if I do decide to stick with a plan on a single plan. I might trade this 4s for a nexus and just save up for a different phone at a later date. This .76mb/s download 3g crap is getting old fast. :mad:

bellringa

Reaction score
i have been trying to get her to dump the keyboard but she says she needs it still and she has a droid 3

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You could also order the upgrade, let her try it out and if she prefers her droid, she can always go back to it.

monkey_man

Reaction score
You could also order the upgrade, let her try it out and if she prefers her droid, she can always go back to it.

Please note that you have upto 14 days and subject to $35 re-stocking fee. Money Money Money :icon_ devil:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Verizon is stating that most people like the new plans. Well the uninformed likely have not griped as nothing has affected them yet. It will be several months before the non-tech types start to realize they got screwed. Then the screams will be heard far and wide. When that happens, and it will, then Verizon will make up some dumb excuse and give everyone a double data plan (doesn't really cost them anything and if they are not lieing will use very little extra data) and the masses will feel better because they objected and got soothed!

BTW - for those that took me seriously - my last post was dripping with sarcasm!

Reaction score

Or you could order the upgrade and if it's something she didn't like just keep it for yourself!

BTW I looked at upgrading today and they are trying to charge me a $30 upgrade fee and change my pan to 2GB from my current unlimited plan. They can bite me. I'll let my 7 years of uninterrupted service go for Sprint!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Mike8016

Reaction score
Like another has stated, you better either have family members start stocking away cash for upgrades or prepare for the worst. This is the sole reason our 5 line account is being cancelled, because if one phone upgrades at an subsidy, the whole account is affected & that's just wrong. :angry:

In other news, if I do decide to stick with a plan on a single plan. I might trade this 4s for a nexus and just save up for a different phone at a later date. This .76mb/s download 3g crap is getting old fast. :mad:

Wow. Now i might have to decide to leave Verizon. I was just planning on upgrading my phones through ebay but i doubt my family would do that.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Well Verizon is a greedy corporation trying to screw it's customers over with a ridiculous pricing scheme, i'm sure we can all agree on that. I still won't be leaving. I like the network too much. It works everywhere I need it to work.

I have unlimited data and I plan on keeping it by purchasing all my phones in the future from a retail providor other than Verizon.
I just upgraded in December so I think I can save up $600 in the next 20 months. The only thing I will purchase from Verizon is service.

jseah

Reaction score
Really? Hmmmm, I've had a smartphone for over a year and use it all day every day for viewing/replying to around 80 emails, surfing the web, calendar app synced with Google Calendar for all my appointments, none of which could be done with a basic phone, and haven't once gone over 1GB in a month's time because I'm on wireless at work and home 95% of the time. Everyone at work does the same thing. Guess we don't need our smartphones. I beg to differ.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Try doing that WITHOUT the benefit of WiFi and see how much data you end up using. I use mine about the same (just email, checking weather widget, calendar sync, less the web surfing) and without using WiFi and I go through between 800-900 MB per month. I don't bother connecting to WiFi because:

1. I have unlimited so I don't need to worry about how much data I am using, and
2. Without the WiFi radio on, I don't have to worry about the battery dying sooner

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I posted on Verizon's Facebook page about my discomfort of not having unlimited for my family..

The reply suggested me to bump to the 8gb plan working out to be $22.50 per line saving me $7 per line. They also threw out that hotspot service would be included FREE...

wth? They want us to go over the monthly allowances by tethering our other devices now or what....

I understand my wife uses maybe 1gb, my boy stays on wifi, so he's low. Me and my 18 year old daughter would have roughly 6gb per month to share! That's cutting it close...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
brucin said:
Well Verizon is a greedy corporation trying to screw it's customers over with a ridiculous pricing scheme, i'm sure we can all agree on that. I still won't be leaving. I like the network too much. It works everywhere I need it to work.

I have unlimited data and I plan on keeping it by purchasing all my phones in the future from a retail providor other than Verizon.
I just upgraded in December so I think I can save up $600 in the next 20 months. The only thing I will purchase from Verizon is service.

Verizon isn't any greedier than you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
darkstarsinner said:
Or you could order the upgrade and if it's something she didn't like just keep it for yourself!

BTW I looked at upgrading today and they are trying to charge me a $30 upgrade fee and change my pan to 2GB from my current unlimited plan. They can bite me. I'll let my 7 years of uninterrupted service go for Sprint!!

How is that, when I did the upgrade online it let me keep unlimited, it had all the boxes checked of my current plan, I did not upgrade just yet, contemplating.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Reaction score
How is that, when I did the upgrade online it let me keep unlimited, it had all the boxes checked of my current plan, I did not upgrade just yet, contemplating.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

I honestly don't know. I was kind of shocked myself. I'm gonna call today and see if it was accurate.