[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Netflix is about 500mb per 1hour of video...

An hour a day is 15gb.....

Why do these streaming service get embedded to our phones if we cannot actually use them?

Sure I could use Wi-Fi but while at home watching Netflix its usually on my TV not my phone!

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

monkey_man

Reaction score
" Say You go to the supermarket and get cereal in a 17oz box for $3.50, instead of the 40oz for $1 more because you don,t think you need such a large box. You just paid more for less, on a per oz basis.

We all do it at times." @ Nikecar
I actually rarely ever do that. If somethings is "buy one, get one free" or any other sort of markdown, I always compare the price per oz. of that deal compared to the box that is nearly twice the size of the two in the BOGO offer. I almost always go with the lowest price per oz. (or other form of measurement). Kroger has that figure on nearly every label in their store.

Isn't in bold the same though not verbatim :blink::blink:. At least that's what I got from reading Nikecar's statement. ( Large Families vs Small Families) but they are the same all about thinking what you need/waste to the $/oz basis.

Right... well this is like a drug and we are hooked (with the machine rather)!!!! I always prefer Wifi to own OG Droid rather than paying $30 for 3G. Why? Because my home internet was faster, and I wanted to try the beauty of an electronic phone rather than PDA or laptop etc. They knew this and basically introduced a revolution. I got used to basic phone all the time and carry my pda/laptop wherever I went, and seriously I would never jumped to this when they introduced their plan like it is today. Would you? Why don't Verizon introduces a phone with wifi capability only? I am down with it and do not need to charge me for DATA as a requirement !!!!!!! Oh yeah... 4G LTE is like a cow and they are milking it good! :icon_ devil:

Last edited:

Drumwolf

Reaction score
I find it just grand that if you have an account of 5 phones & 1 phone upgrades, the whole account get's triggered into the new plan. I really have to wonder, is $1200 for a single line phone worth it in today's world? $1200 is triple my car insurance for a year :icon_eek:

Caesars

Reaction score
Give it a few weeks of sprint and tmobile scalping costumers, call retentions to cancel and collect "just randomly appeared special promo" lol...of course if that doesn't happen, grow some fortitude and speak with your money and leave BigRed!

Mike8016

Reaction score
I find it just grand that if you have an account of 5 phones & 1 phone upgrades, the whole account get's triggered into the new plan. I really have to wonder, is $1200 for a single line phone worth it in today's world? $1200 is triple my car insurance for a year :icon_eek:

Is that true? I dont want to lose unlimited because one of my family members decides to upgrade there line. Every has 2 gb except me.

srvctec

Reaction score
Somebody who never uses over 1GB a month, doesn't need a smart phone. They just need a basic phone.

Really? Hmmmm, I've had a smartphone for over a year and use it all day every day for viewing/replying to around 80 emails, surfing the web, calendar app synced with Google Calendar for all my appointments, none of which could be done with a basic phone, and haven't once gone over 1GB in a month's time because I'm on wireless at work and home 95% of the time. Everyone at work does the same thing. Guess we don't need our smartphones. I beg to differ.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
Really? Hmmmm, I've had a smartphone for over a year and use it all day every day for viewing/replying to around 80 emails, surfing the web, calendar app synced with Google Calendar for all my appointments, none of which could be done with a basic phone, and haven't once gone over 1GB in a month's time because I'm on wireless at work and home 95% of the time. Everyone at work does the same thing. Guess we don't need our smartphones. I beg to differ.

Former crackberry owner? ;-)

bellringa

Reaction score
I have one upgrade available for my wife should I upgrade her to the droid 4 while it is $99 she has a droid 3 now and wants to keep a keyboard I just upgraded to the razr maxx so we could keep our unlimited for another 2 years? what our your opinions?

Caesars

Reaction score
I have one upgrade available for my wife should I upgrade her to the droid 4 while it is $99 she has a droid 3 now and wants to keep a keyboard I just upgraded to the razr maxx so we could keep our unlimited for another 2 years? what our your opinions?

Yes you should upgrade her while you still can lol :)

Edit: does she need unlimited also?

srvctec

Reaction score

I certainly would if I were in your shoes.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Is that true? I dont want to lose unlimited because one of my family members decides to upgrade there line. Every has 2 gb except me.

Yes that's true... once it past June 28, then your account is FROZEN! Well for Unlimited user. So better hope you are very loved family members (since you are the only one with Unlimited) or you are the payer of the plan. :p

Just follow your heart Bellringa... Happy Wife = Happy Life! :rofl2: If I say don't upgrade as to not encourage Verizon with this move to survive for the next 2-4 years, but then I would sound selfish as I owned Razr Maxx. ( I upgraded before this thing started tho :p. As its not gave me abit more headache as should I help Verizon with such evil plan or not.)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's always Revolution wireless!! :banghead:

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Absolutely upgrade her "I meant the phone:icon_ devil:", but not to the Droid 4, that phone has had nothing but bad reviews "and keyboards tend to go bad", just go with the new SG IIIDancingNexus, and with the 4.8" screen:hail: she will have plenty of room to type on, and go shopping on.

Last edited: