[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 12, 2012.

1. SteveIrv

SteveIrv Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thought I read somewhere recently that the "new every two" thing is about to go away.

The "new every two" thing wasn't really THAT anyway......it was a $50 discount on a new phone replacement on your primary line. Nothing for the second line. The only way I ever got a discount on the purchase of a new phone for my wife was to make her keep hers for 3 years.....

2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Woooohooo!!! I feel like VZ is the bully at school who picks me up by my ankles and shakes me until my lunch money falls out of my pockets.

3. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +335
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

That is just for data. You forgot to add in the new line access charges.

Right now my total line access charges for a 700m unlimited text plan is $120 for four lines (2 smart and two feature). On this new plan it would go up to $140. If I had four smartphones it would go up to $160. Personally I do not care about unlimited minutes. We have 700 minutes with four lines and barely use 200 of them.

4. suzukimethod

suzukimethod Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think NE2 is gone. It was phasing out (my last upgrade had it available), but i could get my new phone (galaxy nexus) for cheaper online anyway. (my ne2 was only $30, and vzw had an online discount of $50 that didnt stack, iirc)

5. doomgazer

doomgazer Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, whatever it is called I'm just wondering if all lines on the account get promotional renewal phone pricing (ie $200/device instead of $500) or if it's just the primary.

6. suzukimethod

suzukimethod Member

Ratings:
    +1
    this.

(although i know that voice and (especially) text are pennies in the bucket compared to the dollars of data (which is why they are throwing voice/text at us and charging ever more for GB)

Im going to assume that promo pricing is available on all lines. if not, seems like an easy way to drive people to places that still subsidize their phones.

7. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, I don't think these questions are answerable yet, but here's what I'm wondering. First though, this KILLS me as I have the $20 disc/line for unlimited data; so not only would I lose unlimited date, I'd lose my $100/mo discount for my 5 lines. OUCH Any way this goes over, I lose unlimited and I pay $100 more per month. My questions are these.

1. I currently get 15% off my main plan and I would get 12% off data (if I didn't already get the crazy good discount of $20/data line) How would discounts apply? Is it only for the main "data charge"? or would it be the total bill now? Or maybe NOTHING!?
    2. What happens if I forgo subsidized pricing? I'm ok right? Well, they seem to say if you go from 3G to 4G someone that is a change and you'll be forced into a data share? I wonder what the final word on this will be?
    3. What happens if ONE of my lines upgrades at subsidized pricing, do the rest get screwed into it? I mean, then you'd have to pay $50+$40 for that ONE line alone, so pretty much I guess it's an all or nothing for family plans. Ok, so perhaps this isn't a question any longer.

Our closest upgrade date is the end of July too, I was hoping to get ONE last upgrade for a subsidized price. :/ I asked Verizon to get it a little bit early and they said, sorry sucka, no go. I've never gotten an early upgrade too, yet I hear of people getting a 6 month early upgrade; ugh. I wonder if I can cry some and get it bumped up a month?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  8. Trusstopher

Trusstopher DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    You are right... I was only looking at data, and considering that we are forced into unlimited talk/text and a new pricing structure for said text/minutes, It really isn't a valid comparison any more. And I agree, I couldn't care less about the amount of minutes I have. I am at the minimum possible right now and I'd cut that in half if they had a plan that small just like I would eliminate half of the cable channels I receive if I could just not pay for the ones I don't want.

9. mandragora

mandragora Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Went back and updated the post. Sorry. It posted without me hitting submit. LOL.

10. COSam

COSam Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This may not be the right place to post this but I need some advice.

I'm getting married in August. My fiance and I are both on separate family plans and are both grandfathered into unlimited data. When we do an assumption of liability, will we be losing unlimited data? Just seeing these family shared plans makes me cringe at the idea of losing unlimited data. Should I try to move the numbers before these shared plans go in effect?

11. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    yea I started to laugh really hard on that one, unlimited texts and calls are they joking, first Texts don't cost them a thing and it finally came to the forefront with this joke of a pricing plan, and second VRZ to VRZ mobile calling was unlimited to begin with, unless they mean unlimited calling to any mobile carrier "which I doubt that is the case", no thank you VRZ, I will stick to my $72 a month 450 minute calling outside the network with unlimited calling inside the network, 500 MSG's outside the network with unlimited inside the network, and unlimited data.

12. doomgazer

doomgazer Member

Ratings:
    +2
    LOL it happes to the best of us, no harm no foul!

Search tags for this page

alp loyalty access discount

alp voice & message (talk & text) family shareplan 1400

how to pay for secondary line on family share plan verizon

picture message provisioning

picture message provisioning verizon

picture messaging provisioning verizon

verizon alp loyalty access discount

verizon alp share
verizon military discount share everything
verizon picture message provisioning