[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 12, 2012.

1. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, this seems to be the way to go. You really have control over where your cell service is. And with the Google selling the Nexus at only $400, it's a no-brainer. Personally, I'd probably settle for the $70 plan with unlimitied voice/text and 5GBs of unthrottled data, but that's just because I don't want to have to worry about calling from a wireless spot.

Unless you want to go to Sprint, but I think it will only be a matter of time before they start either throttling, cap, or change their plan somehow. If they will honor grandfathered data plans when they do is anyone's guess. I'm willing to bet they'll always be cheaper than Verizon and AT&T, which is why I'm considering them.

2. androidlearner

Ratings:
    +12
    Our business pan is unaffected. I can confirm that.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

3. IN AWE

IN AWE Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Good to know, Thanks.

4. billyk

billyk Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I started a new thread for members of the Promo/Loyalty/Talk, Text and Data plan...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-forums-member-news-depot/211870-vzw-promo-plan-members-transition-share-everything-plan.html#post2140638

G
    oing forward, post your experiences there, so we don't continue to hijack this thread - plus it'll be easier (much shorter!) to read through.

Regarding the latest developments on this front, I think I'll sit tight and wait for some of the dust to settle. Just about every aspect of my account, like what I've paid for phones, what I pay for service, is all a product of negotiating with the right people at VZW. So, I don't give up hope this easily!

5. Lukeb5301

Lukeb5301 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They could at least put 4G service in my area if they want to charge me $50 for 1GB....

6. srvctec

srvctec Member

Ratings:
    +4
    It sounds like Verizon is trying to get rid of customers like me. I have one smartphone on my plan with $10/month for 500 messages, 500 anytime minutes and grandfathered in on the unlimited data. My bill is $90 total a month with corporate discount. I don't need any more talk time OR messages. With this price structuring, I'll most likely be paying around $115 per month after taxes and fees AND only have a gig of data. Sounds like a GREAT deal! :banghead:

If I buy a phone outright, I won't gain anything except for keeping unlimited data. I wish they'd cut the plan prices in half if a phone is not going on contract- that would entice me to stay. Guess I'll be keeping my DX2 until it dies and then see what my options are at that point.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

7. funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure its been confirmed in this thread already, but I don't have the time to look through it all.

Are people still retaining their unlimited data after pre-ordering the SG3, even after Verizon announced this plan? I was going to pre-order on the 6th, but was waiting until my next paycheck. Am I screwed?

8. nikecar

nikecar Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Yes to the preorder question

9. rpdonald

rpdonald Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think a preorders puts you under a new contract. I would say no. Sorry!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

10. Lukeb5301

Lukeb5301 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes if u pre order SG3 you will keep your unlimited plan

11. Danielsan

Danielsan New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You want to help clarify that?

Working in the industry, and seeing how and when contracts are renewed on phones that are ordered I'm going to have to call you out here. Your contract on an upgrade does not start/change until the date in which you activate the phone. I'd be very surprised to see us keep Unlimited Data by "locking in" on the preorder.

12. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +403
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    Well I went to Sprint today to scope out some plans. To get anything comparable to what I have now it would cost me $30 more than what I am paying now. But about $15 less than what I would pay if I switched to the share everything plan. So I could actually still add a third smartphone line now with 2Gb of data and be the same as switching to Sprint. And Sprint has no LTE in the area. Looks like in the long run it will be better for me just to stay right where I am at. I will re-up my two unlimited lines before the 28th and then after that let them all expire and go month to month.

Search tags for this page

alp loyalty access discount

alp voice & message (talk & text) family shareplan 1400
data provision alp

how to pay for secondary line on family share plan verizon

picture message provisioning verizon

picture messaging provisioning verizon

verizon alp loyalty access discount

verizon alp share
verizon military discount share everything
verizon picture message provisioning