[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 12, 2012.

1. tech_head

tech_head Silver Member

Ratings:
    +285
    Yea, I have that $20/line credit also.
    It's crazy. Even if the plan was the same, I save $60/month total on 3 smartphones.
    That means I could buy 1 expensive phone/year and still come out a few bucks ahead if I sell the old phone.

I don't touch my plan because I fear they will screw up the promotion.
    My daughter is getting the last upgrade we have because it's useless after the 28th.
    I have the Maxx, my wife has a Bionic (that she likes because of the hacked Atrix docking station), not sure what my daughter will get.

2. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +119
    How does one get this plan?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. the3dolla

the3dolla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, I'm always nervous too and about 3 months ago, the $20 Talk & Text + Data discount stopped showing online! It's def still on the account though, confirmed by some reps and my last few months of bills. I have a Maxx, my sisters both just got 4s', my mom has an old incredible and my Dad has the X2. I'd feel a bit better about this if I could get the incredible updated via a ONE month early upgrade. I emailed them begging, but I don't doubt I'll probably get turned down. The savings are even crazier on 5 lines! My whole thing about say getting an 8GB plan to be safe, say one month we use 4GB, then one month 6GB, then 7GB, then 5GB, then 10GB, oops, overage; wth, what about all the other GB's I didn't use!!!!

4. champaned_out

champaned_out Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I illegally tether from my response.. I was simply wondering how someone with a 3.5" screen would use less data then someone with a 4.3" screen... And u said there's not chance to use netfilx? I have a thunderbolt that runs a single core and I most definitely can run and stream netfilx any time I want.

Data consumption is solely dependent on the user itself... Not the device... I know friends that have a entry level Android phone like the LG cosmos vs another friend that has the Dinc2... The cosmos has a smaller screen less processing power yet I know he consumes more data than the other friend with the bigger screen and faster chip because he just uses the internet more often.. it all comes down to how you manage your data not the device you use... The only actual factor that might make a consumer use more data is when someone switches from a 3g phone to a 4g device... Just because you can actually stream videos and video calls other than that I still don't see how screen size effects data usage.. sorry

#304 champaned_out, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. monkey_man

monkey_man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is the confusion that this can make. When should that SGSIII become available to Verizon? I know that you can pre-order it right now in hope to bypass Verizon's new policy. Verizon can actually change your contract to the new plan if the said phone are supposed to be released after June 28. The safer move that will allow you to keep unlimited data is by buying the available phones that Verizon have in store. So Good luck to those that ordered SGS III and under Unlimited data plan.

6. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +957
    I've figured it out, I'll go to Best buy and buy my phones full price, I'll have them price match wherever I can find it cheapest AND I'll purchase their buyback program that way in 6 months to a year I can still get 40 - 50 % of what I paid back..... I've already done it a couple times.

honestly I hope we get to a point where we don't have to get phones specifically for our carrier but where we can just buy a phone we want and use it on our carrier.

7. esmier

esmier Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So i know it has happened before, but is this justification to get out of the early cancellation fee? I think i remember something about you can do that if verizon changes their minute rates for roaming over overages. Im not sure. Does anyone know what the federal rules are on this?

EDIT: ah nvm, it was when they changed their regularly fee

8. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I did! Thanks :)

9. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    No problem :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

10. tech_head

tech_head Silver Member

Ratings:
    +285
    One doesn't.
    Nov. 2010 or thereabout Verizon sent out an invitation for a promotion to high monthly bill users and offered a special promotion.
    If you had been a customer since they had been GTE Mobilnet (me) or some other different criteria, you were offered a $20/line credit on unlimited data to keep you from bailing to Sprint.

11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    I can confirm the training on this Unlimited Everything (and everyone gets hosed) has not occurred yet. The reps really will not have the answers you are seeking if you call tonight or in the next couple of days.

12. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    No. They aren't changing your existing contract. Once your 2 year contract is up, they can change anything they want. If they tell you that you have to give up unlimited while still in the contract then that would allow you to get out without a cancellation fee. They aren't doing that.

Search tags for this page

alp loyalty access discount

alp voice & message (talk & text) family shareplan 1400
data provision alp

how to pay for secondary line on family share plan verizon

picture message provisioning verizon

picture messaging provisioning verizon

verizon alp loyalty access discount

verizon alp share
verizon military discount share everything
verizon picture message provisioning