[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

monkey_man

Reaction score
I think someone here asked if this would affect the subsidized phone on Verizon. My first thought would be cheaper phone. Smart Verizon! Look at it right now 32GB SGSIII only cost $249 and $30 go to Verizon's pocket. So.... I do hope this will create bright future for us to purchase cheaper MSRP retail phone that you buy on their independent store. All About Supply and Demand and this will be different to Verizon and Phone companies. Both need to survive by the way people purchased phones or using users favorite phones to use Verizon's telco towers. Both Samsung and Apple have their own independent stores and I assume Google/Motorola will follow suit. Verizon really are raking profits in this :icon_ devil:. Very smart indeed ... Congrats! I do hope to see many discounts on independent phone stores to slash their prices to attract costumers like us in the future. If phones makers are smart now, they should plug their phone out from all phones carriers and sell them independently. Let's Selfish rules :icon_ devil:. This way stores can do credit where we can pay monthly payments for the phone. On the other hand, Verizon must pay these phone makers money to get the phone that users want :biggrin: in order to tie us down into contract. Let's see who's survive!!!! If this not gonna happen, then Verizon are reaping massive benefit which includes to what someone said that Verizon actually charged our phone into our monthly payment. So please please please help us phone makers to fight AT$T and Verizon (so far), as they are openly said they are so jealous about your success. :hail:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ah ok... gotcha you up the speed of read and write for the SD Card. Yeah I used to do this to my laptops by using more memory cards than advertised ofc by knowing if the OS supports large Memory RAM.

I haven't had any real problems. Not sure if there's a bit of lag taking photos, or that I'm just sometimes too impatient to snap away (and the Rezound is pretty decent taking photos quickly).

But for music, when I hit the "next" button it's almost instantaneous. Same thing with the gallery (although it may take a second or two to load pics). My intention was to save photos/video to the internal SD card, but I haven't bothered to figure out that setting yet.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
They may have put more thought into this than given credit for. It does seem a decent number of people will save money (by decent I mean perhaps 10-20%). And maybe a little bit of a carrot for people on dumbphones that will get a discount on current plans and get a sort of "limited freebie" trial on data. Remember, half their users are still on dumbphones.

More or less, no one is truly being shafted here in so far as you can keep your current plan. But the opportunity here for VZW, which they've mumbled about in the past, is if people want to keep their plan no more subsidized phone. So that's like $15 a month per customer (not everyone upgrades every 20 months, maybe more like $10/customer on average). That may be the real motivation driving all these crazy prices (plus the $30 they want to charge you now for upgrading in the store). It remains to be seen if VZW will eventually force off-contract people into current pricing. To my knowledge, they've not done that.

I'm not sure they'll realize much of a gain in revenues from this. The opportunity and impetus appears to be a cost savings in reducing what they shell out for subsidized phones. The implication being OEM's are going to take a hit in sales, and so they won't be able to crank out as many new models each year (which I think most don't see as a bad thing, given so many are just very marginal upgrades).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree that there are certain people on plans already that would benefit from this new plan. Those who are paying for 2, 4 or unlimited GB and aren't coming even close to using it are the first to benefit. Some of those who have both some smart phones, and some "dumb" phones will benefit. Those who have one or more members on their plans who text like a court stenographer will benefit from the unlimited texting. Those who use their phones for national (interstate) communications during the "peak" hours will benefit nicely. Those who have lots of devices/members on the plan will benefit. Frankly there are LOTS of people who can benefit from this plan.

Still, for those of us who realize that as time goes on, these phones will use more and more data, anything that puts a price on an increasing consumption of bandwidth is taboo. I, for one will not let go of my 2 grandfathered Unlimited lines, and again, they'll have to rip them from my dying hands! :blink:

monkey_man

Reaction score
I haven't had any real problems. Not sure if there's a bit of lag taking photos, or that I'm just sometimes too impatient to snap away (and the Rezound is pretty decent taking photos quickly).

But for music, when I hit the "next" button it's almost instantaneous. Same thing with the gallery (although it may take a second or two to load pics). My intention was to save photos/video to the internal SD card, but I haven't bothered to figure out that setting yet.

Class 2 SD Cards R/W @ 2MB/s and Class 6 SD Cards R/W @ 6 MB/s so yeah cuz you paid the price then you shall see speed difference:). You will feel it though if you are using class 2 :p. Well you are well explored on how to tackle things properly, so yeah great idea to take pictures and store them via Internal memory cards as they are not handled the same way as Medias. All those Indexing will usually show/give you problem (bit of lag) at the start of a phone reboot or when you attached/detached USB cable from phone to Computer. After that everything should work fine with Media reading and so on. It will takes time to load a folder that contains many files in it if you use Astro for an example. With my experienced using MP3 players, I supposed to see 1000 Songs but the mp3 players only recognized 800 songs. I am just wondering the max capacity of transfer that this phone can handle :blink:, because a class speed can only benefit when the machine can utilize it. For an example, my Razr Maxx are rated Wireless N. My Wifi at home can handle up to 450MBps, but this phone can only handle half than 300MBps.

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
So just to make sure I understood everything. Right now I pay 140 after taxes for 1 smart phone w/ unlimited data on my droid x2 and have 2 dumb phones. we only use 700 minutes but we have unlimited texting.

I would upgrade to the sg3 but have no upgrade.....

so in the near future if i want to upgrade to a 4g phone I would be paying
40+30+30 (just to have the phones) + another 70 for 4gb of data? so it would be 170 a month? this is stupid.... I got a smart phone mainly to have pandora/8tracks now I cant even use it if i upgrade....

Also if i buy a off contract phone thats 4g, will I have to change my plan since my x2 is only 3g?

anyone think theyll let me upgrade a couple months early for the sg3?

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just realized somethign else...this was bought up some weeks ago....

I wonder if this will entice some ppl to get rid of their landline and go strictly cellphone. The ONLY way I could is if I got a network extender. I already have a land line but its thru Comcast. So if the power goes out...I'm out of luck anyway.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
snowboardpunk said:
anyone think theyll let me upgrade a couple months early for the sg3?

You won't know unless you ask. And if they say no try again. There is no consistency when it comes to reps and their training and the knowledge of service. Where one says no another says yes. What have you got to lose? The worst they can do is say no. And if they say yes... Jump on it! Get their name and note the time and have them note the deal on your account.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In case anybody missed it, here's Verizon's Share Everything Calculator...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/shareEverythingCalculator.jsp

I ran it on my plan and it said I should be paying $220 per month for what I pay $174.95 now. And with the "suggested" plan, I would be capped at 6GB, where now I have 2 unlimited phones on a 4-phone family plan. See below.

Simplify with Share Everything

The Share Everything Plan gives you Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text and shareable data that powers up to 10 devices. Answer a few short questions and we'll help you find the right option.

Tell us about your devices

How many devices do you have and what kind are they?
Basic Phone 2 Smartphone 2 Tablet 0 Jetpack/USB Modems 0

Clear All See Recommended Plan

We Recommend

6GB
Shared Data
Unlimited Talk & Text
Monthly Access*
$220
Verizon Wireless data devices average between 1 and 2 GBs of data a month.
*Does not include taxes and surcharges

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
FoxKat said:
In case anybody missed it, here's Verizon's Share Everything Calculator...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/shareEverythingCalculator.jsp

I ran it on my plan and it said I should be paying $220 per month for what I pay $174.95 now. And with the "suggested" plan, I would be capped at 6GB, where now I have 2 unlimited phones on a 4-phone family plan. See below.

Simplify with Share Everything

The Share Everything Plan gives you Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text and shareable data that powers up to 10 devices. Answer a few short questions and we'll help you find the right option.

Tell us about your devices

How many devices do you have and what kind are they?
Basic Phone 2 Smartphone 2 Tablet 0 Jetpack/USB Modems 0

Clear All See Recommended Plan

We Recommend

6GB
Shared Data
Unlimited Talk & Text
Monthly Access*
$220
Verizon Wireless data devices average between 1 and 2 GBs of data a month.
*Does not include taxes and surcharges

The VZ calculator is a crock. I put in my info and it recommends a 4 gb plan when I said that I use between 0 & 2 gb of total data a month for both lines. And it asks you how many minutes you use and how many texts do you send? What does it matter with this new plan. It's unlimited!!! This calculator is pure BS (Barbra Streisand)

Last edited:

cdm369

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
The VZ calculator is a crock. I put in my info and it recommends a 4 gb plan when I said that I use between 0 & 2 gb of total data a month for both lines. And it asks you how many minutes you use and how many texts do you send? What does it matter with this new plan. It's unlimited!!! This calculator is pure BS (Barbra Streisand)

Exactly...and I use 4 gigs on my phone alone and there are 2 others on my plan and it recommended the 6 gig plan. I would be barely comfortable with 10 gig for 3 phones. They have everything centered around trying to keep people at 2 gigs or less. My new plan would cost me 40$ more per month.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

iveman89

Reaction score
you guys shouldnt see this as the cup half full, maybe i should switch to a small cup. you should say my cup is half empty i needto fill her up. i am only hitting 2 gb at 30 a month. i do have unlimited fyi. maybe i will push it it to 3Gb now. i would have been paying 50+10?for the sake of argument lets just say its $10 for thatextra gig at 3. 24 months=$240 sell my old phone 120 at least, $360. new phone 500? -360 =140. am i thinking correctly here?

also i dont blame that 5%. verizon wants more money simple as that. they claim those people are hogging or abusing user bandwith,but verizon is still expanding their market. they want to add 4gLTE to cars, come on now

TheOldFart

Reaction score
What is the pricing if you don't want any data, like if you just want 2 basic phones? I originally thought that it would be $30+$30=$60, but then I noticed that at least 1 smartphone is required. That would mean $30+$40+$50=$120 minimum. Right now I have a smartphone and my wife has a basic phone. When our contract is up I might just want to go to 2 basic phones and use my Inc2 on wifi only or get a small wifi tablet.

droidbio

Reaction score
Sometimes I think Verizon announces new price schemes just to test public reaction.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

neoterixx64

Reaction score
I wonder how much the big cable companies sharing their wifi connections will take away from data consumption on verizon's network.