UPDATE: Verizon Is Honoring The Upgrade Glitch You Get To Keep Your Unlimited Data!

jseah

Reaction score
ahh boo. I read a rumor somewhere over the weekend that VZW might be shipping the Note 3's early so I got my hopes up that it could be true. Luckily, everyone around me has VZW so I wont have any AT&T or TMo people mocking me with theirs while we wait on VZW to release it.

If they do ship the Note 3 early, I would think that they would probably ship on Monday with us getting them on Wednesday with the 2 day Fedex delivery, therefore we would get it a day earlier than the store release. Wasn't that the case with their other recent releases?

jseah

Reaction score
Anyone who got on this Saturday get their phone and activate it yet? Mine is sitting right here but I'm nervous....

Someone on another board mentioned that when they ordered a S4 over the weekend, their email receipt showed the $29.99 unlimited data plan, but when they received their phone today, the receipt in the box showed the $30 2 GB data plan. When he called CS, he was told that they would need to switch him to tiered to accept the contract renewal and then submit an inactive feature request to put him back onto unlimited.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Well I read over at DL to use the old Sim card so that's what I'm trying now. I had a maxx HD. The receipt in my box clearly says unlimited. Some people said using the sim card in the g2 led to hours on the phone with Verizon.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
At some point I have to break ties with VZW. The wife is in it for another 2 years, but I'm free come this December. Let's give another vendor a shot and see if they aren't as bad as Verizon makes them out to be. :blink:
Exactly! I havent decided between Sprint and T-Mobile yet, but we'll see what kind of deals they have going on when December rolls around. I have 4 lines on my current Verizon plan so I'm sure they wont be too happy to see me go (it's been 10 years) but with all the changes they've made over the last few years, it's hard to see myself staying. I hope others do the same!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Exactly! I havent decided between Sprint and T-Mobile yet, but we'll see what kind of deals they have going on when December rolls around. I have 4 lines on my current Verizon plan so I'm sure they wont be too happy to see me go (it's been 10 years) but with all the changes they've made over the last few years, it's hard to see myself staying. I hope others do the same!

I really want to do the same with my wife and I. I hate Verizon (but love their reception, which is too bad).

I just hope another carrier can at least come close to signal reception in my area.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone who got on this Saturday get their phone and activate it yet? Mine is sitting right here but I'm nervous....

Got my DROID maxx yesterday and activated it. Still have unlimited data and paid $300 for upgrade. Don't be nervous just do it.

stonecaster

Reaction score
As cool as it would have been to get a new phone with unlimited data on Verizon, I don't think I could lock myself with them for another 2 years, so I'm glad I passed on this. Happy for the ones that got through and are content with the outcome though!

I agree, i have one out of contract now with unlimited data and another one that will be out in May 2014. The other 2 lines have 2gig each and contracts end in September next year. I believe after the first of the year I am going to start weening my family off Big Red and on to something a lil more affordable. I have no doubt that I will never have as good of service as I do with Verizon but if I can save hundred or so bucks a month and have NO contract ever, it will be well worth it to me.

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
Got my DROID maxx yesterday and activated it. Still have unlimited data and paid $300 for upgrade. Don't be nervous just do it.
How did you activate it? Did you do it yourself at home by phone or did you go into a Verizon corporate store and have them do it? I pre-ordered two - Note 3's that are supposed to be shipped on October 10th. From what I've been reading, at least early on -- say Monday, Tuesday it would have been better to go to the Verizon corporate store. I figured I'd bring my e-mailed receipt and the printed copies of the stories from Droid Life and PC World that said Verizon was going to honor the "unlimited" phones ordered during the "glitch". If I can just activate them myself it would be a lot easier -- less time, etc.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Oh cool.
I can use all the data I want now. I'm entitled to it.
The me generation rocks.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
How did you activate it? Did you do it yourself at home by phone or did you go into a Verizon corporate store and have them do it? I pre-ordered two - Note 3's that are supposed to be shipped on October 10th. From what I've been reading, at least early on -- say Monday, Tuesday it would have been better to go to the Verizon corporate store. I figured I'd bring my e-mailed receipt and the printed copies of the stories from Droid Life and PC World that said Verizon was going to honor the "unlimited" phones ordered during the "glitch". If I can just activate them myself it would be a lot easier -- less time, etc.
i activated it at home over the phone. turned the old phone off, called the toll free number from a 3rd device, told them the number it's being activated on and the verification code from the delivered paperwork. turned the new phone on and went on with my business. took all of 5 minutes to do and no problems what so ever. new phone had a new nano sim card already installed.
It says unlimited talk, text and 3G for $25/month and the same with 4G for $40/month. Still not bad, but how bad is the coverage?
the coverage isn't bad as they use sprint network. so where ever you don't have wifi, you have sprint network. could be worse, but for this kind of price i think it's a steal unless you pay what i pay for verizon.

Last edited: