update to VZ Navigator for Rezound restarts phone

TWC42

Reaction score
Never use VZ Navigator, but just to stop the pesky notifications of an update, I let it update and forget about it. This morning I went to Play Store and saw that there was an update for VZ Navigator for Rezound. It downloaded, and the second it tried to install, the phone shut down and recycled on. Tried it again, same result. Next time I hit uninstall updates, phone shut down. Went to settings, applications, VZ Navigator, uninstall and phone shut down.
Has VZW introduced a bug? Anyone know what is going on? Thanks for any help.
BTW, phone has not been rooted. Have Norton Security on phone.
UPPDATE: cleared cache, now hesitates about a second when trying to update app, then restarts phone (without updating)

Last edited:

ludman

Reaction score
I'm stock and have the same issue. Thought I would update all the verizon bloatware to get rid of the messages and my phone does the same thing. I have it set to NOT allow automatic updating. Even when trying to uninstall all updates for this app my phone reboots too. Can't wait for ICS update to freeze the bloatware I don't use but if it doesn't come by the end of this month I am going to root and install a custom ICS rom.

Lud