{Update to version 5.0.1 PEGB} 5.0.2

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Feb 24, 2011.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

An update to 5.0.1 which takes you to 5.0.2 has been released. you should go to elite settings>general>check for rom update.
    As before those of you on rzr and spr be sure you have RENAMED OR DELETED your current UPDATE.zip thats on your sdcard. this will allow you to use the update rom feature in elite settings. if you feel more comfortable you can download an dinstall the update with the provided link below. This will only effect THEMES that have edited the service.jar. if you are on a theme you should ensure the new services.jar is compatable with your theme or wait until the themer updates his and/or her services.jar
    THIS IS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!
    * allows you lock home, and 3 custom apps into memory. We have found this has helped with mms and email problems by locking those apps in memory.
    WARNING! If you lock an app that takes a lot of memory such as Pandora or another high memory app only do so when using that particular app. We recommend to unlock the app after you are finished using it because if you do not you may have performance issues such as slow down or lag if you leave it locked in. If you have low memory apps such as mms and email then you should be fine performance wise but this does not mean you will be. If you notice issues leave 1 - 2 applications locked in memory.
    UPDATE INCLUDES
    * fixes for some of the bootanimation scripts and other scripts.
    * also includes an option to download and install the stock 8.3 version of launcher pro instead of the themed version.
    *after you install this update you no longer will have to rename or delete the update.zip on your sdcard if you are using spr or rzr but be advised any update.zip on the root of your sdcard will be overwritten with the update.

ProjectElite_update2

If you have not installed the first update the link is below for the first update you will not be able to install the first update from Elite Settings anymore.

below is the link for the first update which take you from 5.0 to 5.0.1

This update includes:
    the fix for transparency support. this is for themers you now only have to swap out the pulldown image in the framwork and systemui.apk to obtain transparency.

the fix for the battery when selecting to hide the battery

updated market to 2.3.3

fixed scripts for updating gmail and titanium backup through Elite Settings

Below is the link if you would prefer to flash the update the normal way as if you were flash a rom but you need to be on version 5.0 for this and it will update you to version 5.0.1

WARNING!!! if flashing this first update and if you are on a theme it will mess your theme up since systemui.apk was replaced. all themers should use the systemui.apk from this update for it has another fix besides transparency. please be aware of this

ProjectElite_update1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Just tried it and this works. Installed then rebooted by itself and its good to go! Great feature!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. R3Ds

R3Ds New Member Developer

did you add the theme engine on this one yet??
  4. Patriotvirus

Patriotvirus New Member

Great feature to have on the rom. Very happy with this. Thank you to all who worked on it.
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Octavian

Octavian New Member

Very simple. Thanks for the update!
  7. tharris297

tharris297 New Member

ext3/4 support?
  8. nornevrder

nornevrder New Member

My clock on my lock is either way off or not working. Update installed well . Just wondering about the clock

Sent from yesterday
  9. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

flash worked great! nice addition. Any possibility of fix for having the LED stay on for texts instead of always blink?
  10. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Figures I start to theme a rom and it updates right away, lol. Just messing around. Keep it up.
  11. bodean

bodean New Member

Using RZ Recovery, ran the update from within the ROM, it rebooted to recovery, and sat at the menu. Had to manually dl/install
  12. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Yes, that's what actngrezy said in the OP that you would need to do with RZR and SPR.

Sorry, I misread your post. The updater downloads an update zip to the root of your SD card (which is why you have to make sure you don't already have an update zip there before you use the updater, because it won't overwrite it). Then, when you get to recovery, you go to Install and install the update zip on the root of your SD card.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  13. borchey12

borchey12 New Member

I have no lock screen after the update. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid
  14. swallisa

swallisa New Member

Once sitting at the rzrecovery screen just choose boot to android worked great!
  15. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

If you didn't go to Install and install the update zip on the root of your SD card before you rebooted, then you didn't actually install the update. If that's the case, you don't need to DL or use the updater again, just boot into recovery and install it.
  16. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

Help!

I had to reflash PEv5, so I switched to RaidZero Recovery when I reflashed. I'm still a noob, so this update to PEv5.0.1 brings up a few questions:

1) You say to delete the rzr update.zip. So, do i use astro and delete the file named RZR-2.0.1-update.zip from my SD card and then go to Elite Settings and hit the Check for Updates option?

2) If, I delete that file does it delete my new recovery I just switched to, or is that covered by the file on my SD card that reads rzr/?

3) What will the name of the new file be when I hit the Check for Updates option, so I know what I'm looking for? Update.zip? PEv5update.zip?

Thank you in advance!:reddroid:
  17. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

You don't need to delete the RZR file, but if you do, it won't affect your recovery because you already flashed it. You only need to delete any file named exactly "update.zip" from the root of your SD card. Then, to install, look for the file called "update.zip" on the root of your SD card.
  18. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

GLD,
    Thank you for the quick response! I just updated it, and it was "easy peasy.":reddroid:
  19. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

So after updating should I delete the "update.zip" file created by the update? (so I'll be ready for the next update!)

Thx
  20. mr7

mr7 New Member

Oh! Good!!!
Search tags for this page
480x854 png wallpapers
by vbulletinâ® version 5.0.1
katy perry on the simpsons
nook honeycomb v5 download
simpsons katy perry

wallpaper 480x854