1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Update to Android 2.2

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BeachGirlNJ, Aug 20, 2010.

1. BeachGirlNJ

BeachGirlNJ New Member

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, I can't find it.

My Droid just updated itself to Android 2.2 and I'm baffled as to where to find the "tray" icons now. Is there a tutorial or something about this new system that I can read to figure out what's-what and where everything is? LOL, I'm easily confused and still half asleep so I am really having a hard time with the phone this morning. ;-)

Thank you!
    Cindi
  2. Steve H

Steve H Member

Bottom middle of the screen you will see a bunch of dots in a square shape, press there.
  3. freesoftwarefan

freesoftwarefan New Member

Even more specifically, tap there on the new center icon, don't press! I went absolutely crazy because every time I pushed that button I held in for too long and got the workspace swapper instead of app launcher. I nearly burst a blood vessel doing google searches for 30 min trying to figure out why it wasn't working
  4. nubby

nubby New Member

I just found out this morning, if you tap the buttons to the left or right, you get a preview of all 5 screens and then you can jump to the one you want, rather than scroll over.
  5. BeachGirlNJ

BeachGirlNJ New Member

I had found the little "tiled" box and had tapped it...but then I couldn't figure out how to scroll down to get to the other icons. That's why I asked if I was missing something. Now I discovered it's a little tricky, you have to lightly slide from right to left and the "tray" slides UP -- makes no sense whatsoever but there you go (Bob's your uncle). dancedroid

Thanks everyone!!
  6. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

BeachGirlNJ, it SHOULD simply open the app tray as soon as you tap the grid icon (between the phone shortcut and the browser shortcut).

The icons should then scroll with a simple vertical swipe, just like they did with 2.1
  7. RichSmithSWM

RichSmithSWM New Member

Actually, you don't scroll down. You push the window up. Try moving your finger from bottom to top.