update to 2.2 now market will not work

opcc01

Reaction score
Updated to the 2.2 and now phone is sluggish and my market app will not open. "Keep getting An error has occurred. Please try again later." Has this happened to anyone else?

joshinkell

Reaction score
Same Problem Here

I tried powering off and removing battery. No dice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
O

opcc01

Reaction score
I have done those as well. also tried force close. Still did not fix

toolboy7

Reaction score
Sounds like just one more glitch associated with the upgrade. Have you seen if Verizon has any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wait and quit fooling with it. It will show up eventually.

This has been discussed many times.

OP
O

opcc01

Reaction score
Called Verizon and they sent me over to Motorola. unfortunately Motorola is closed on the weekend. Message said to call back M-F. If this has been discussed many times did a fix come or just wait till the fix comes out. Cant do a reset on the phone as I am afraid I will loose all the apps I have and not be able to get them back without the market app.

gfilicetti

Reaction score
I've been reading about all sorts of problems people have had after the 2.2 OTA update, and thankfully mine is mostly working fine, I even have it rooted again.

However, since the 2.2 OTA update about 5 hours ago, I can't get into the Market nor use App Brain to do installs and I have the exact same error as the OP and others:

"An error has occurred. Please try again later."

I really hope this goes away by the morning.

I went back over 15 pages in this forum and no one is talking about this specific Market issue. All the chatter has been about apps missing from the Market and fixing it with a build.prop. This is a different problem.

Also, I'd like to avoid doing a factory reset if I can....

G

gfilicetti

Reaction score
Waiting until the morning worked.

Now I can get into the Market with no problems.

G

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waiting until the morning worked.

Now I can get into the Market with no problems.

G

Isn't that what I said? ;)

Just give it time, if anybody else sees this post. It's also mentioned many times in the Problems/Solutions thread.

OP
O

opcc01

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to see waiting till morning worked for one. Mine is still not working and I have had this problem since update installed on Thursday. Guess I'll just keep waiting......

OP
O

opcc01

Reaction score
Sorry I did not post. I waited for another day and saw nothing to help with problem and it did not go away by itself. Just basically had to do a factory reset to get the problem solved with the market. Then phone would not make or receive calls. got into the phone with Verizon level 2 tech and made some setting changes now phone better then ever. I hope the next update goes smoother for everyone.

socalijennie

Reaction score
Market App Problem

I'm having a similar problem with my Droid X. I updated to 2.2 yesterday and when the phone rebooted the market icon changed. It's now blue with the settings icon overlaying the right hand corner. When I click on it it states, "Application is not installed on your phone." I turned the phone off and on, removed the battery, waited a day and tried again. Nothing has worked so far. I don't want to do a hard reset. Any ideas?

UPuser

Reaction score
I'm running into the same problem... #### phone! I've had this thing a week& I'm not impressed if these are the types of problems I can look forward to...

jmace59

Reaction score
Same problem... I installed the 2.2 update two days ago and all it has done is uninstalled the market app and made my normaly quick X really sluggish. I have read a factory reset will fix this but i really dont want to do that. I dont know what im gonna do.

UPuser

Reaction score
*** update ***

Did the 2.2 update Friday night, and spent an hour on the phone with tier 2 tech at Verizon Saturday morning. We backed up all of my contacts and photos to the SD card. Then, we did a factory reset. His explanation was, that the 2.2 update worked great in a controlled environment... not so good, when sent out over the airwaves...

The only thing I lost was my settings I had, all of the free apps, and the apps I paid for. The good thing is after the restart, when I went back into the market, and hit the menu button it gave me the option to reinstall the apps I paid for... so, I didn't have to pay for them again. 2.2 stays installed, and things are going well... dancedroid

He said losing the market is a minor bug... some of the major bugs went to the HTC Incredible and Samsung... also, some X's were bricked...