1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Update to 2.0.1 - Error status 7

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by psufan5, Dec 23, 2009.

1. psufan5

psufan5 New Member

Hello.

I am trying to install the base 2.0.1 image from Verizon to my droid. When I boot into recovery, I get this error status 7 message, and it fails. I have tried searching everywhere for a solution but to no avail. The file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip which was supposedly the fix. I have tried a factory restore and cache reset, with the same results.

My phone is "rooted" but I am trying to re-image back to stock. I did this successfully once before, but now I am getting this error.

Any thoughts/remedies? Thanks.
  2. 640k

640k New Member

are you a new DROID user? have you never updated your phone? what version/firmware does your DROID say that you're on?
  3. psufan5

psufan5 New Member

I am currently ON 2.0.1. I am basically trying to unroot the phone and go back to normal. I did this once before, but now its not working. I basically want to start from scratch, make a recovery image etc... then try 2.1. But I cant get it to go back to a base 2.0.1.

Thanks!
  4. 640k

640k New Member

This should be in the Droid Hacks forum and is not related to updating to 2.0.1.
  5. psufan5

psufan5 New Member

Well sorry about that. Figured troubleshooting was for anything you were having trouble with.

Do you know of any solution?
Search tags for this page
android e:error in /cache/recovery/sec csc.zip (status 7)
android error (status 6)

android recovery status 7 error

droid error status 7

edify error status 7
error (status 2) root
error 7 android
error in /cache/fora/update.zip (status 7)
error in /cache/recovery/update.zip
error in status 7

error status 7 android

note 2 recovery status 7 fix
recovery mode error status 7
status 7 android update
what is status 7 error