Update this morning?

MsVictoriaLynn

Reaction score
I got an update on my Razr this morning and my icons have changed and my screen seems to be more vibrant.
I don't know what the update was for? Someone help!?!

~!~Sent from my Hamburger Phone a.k.a. Razr~!~

OP
MsVictoriaLynn

MsVictoriaLynn

Reaction score
Yeah it is. What's going to change? Meaning what will the difference be and what did it fix?

~!~Sent from my Hamburger Phone a.k.a. Razr~!~

cae312006

Reaction score
that was an update that came out a couple weeks ago. there were some icon changes enhancements that were made. there are some threads in here that have what enhancements are in that update.

djspy

Reaction score
This "update" completely messed up my phone. It KILLED my battery life. I used to get about 16-18 hours of battery life now im averaging on a good day 11. I already let Motorola know how i feel about this.

cae312006

Reaction score
thats unusual I havent had any problems I still get about the same battery life roughly about 14-16 hours with moderate to heavy usage

djspy

Reaction score
Lag on the home screens. I have to press the back button multiple times (home key too) 80% of the time. The buttons are responsive while I'm using the browser though. The browser kept crashing when flash was involved. but that might be a flash issue (and the flash update might have fixed this.) The internet radio/podcast on the my music app stopped working. Smart actions keeps turning on and running even though i have non set. in general apps that i didn't have a problem before are always running. backup assistant keeps running even though i don't use it (didn't have this problem before.) When i'm in the app drawer and i press the search key it force closes. the phone over all seems slow. not snappy like when i got it. Oh yeah and the supposed 4G connectivity issues it was supposed to fix? I don't notice any change.

cae312006

Reaction score
First a couple of questions?

1 are you rooted and if so what rom if any are you running (reason I asked some roms that I have read about have similiar issues)
2 any new apps installed after update ( might be an app causing the problems)
3 have you tried resetting back to factory defaults .748 and starting from scratch again, might have been a bad download?

Zandar

Reaction score
Lag on the home screens. I have to press the back button multiple times (home key too) 80% of the time. The buttons are responsive while I'm using the browser though. The browser kept crashing when flash was involved. but that might be a flash issue (and the flash update might have fixed this.) The internet radio/podcast on the my music app stopped working. Smart actions keeps turning on and running even though i have non set. in general apps that i didn't have a problem before are always running. backup assistant keeps running even though i don't use it (didn't have this problem before.) When i'm in the app drawer and i press the search key it force closes. the phone over all seems slow. not snappy like when i got it. Oh yeah and the supposed 4G connectivity issues it was supposed to fix? I don't notice any change.
Sounds like you got a corrupt update or are having a problem with some runaway apps. I tested the update quite a bit and with a good deal of attention (was in the soak), and there were nothing but improvements for me and almost everyone else reporting on it. This is my experience (if yours is vastly dissimilar, you may want to have Verizon push that update to you again):
-Improved battery on 4G (still epic on 3G)
-Improved 4G to 3G handoff
-Improved camera response
-Improved 4G signal (used to hit about 5.x up/down, now hitting 6.x regularly)
-Fixed: Google Hangouts
-Fixed: WiFi hotspot
-Improved overall responsiveness

I'm probably missing a few others, but that's off the top of my head. I can't think of a single thing that was worse after the update. If you're having significant issues, it's your device; not the update (well, maybe a corrupt update file you got; but not the actual update Motorola coded). You need to reflash the update to your RAZR, or you have some recently installed app(s) screwing with things.

djspy

Reaction score
I was completely stock when I got the update. I did a factory reset to see if it would fix the issues and i got internet radio connectivity back for about a day and now i can't connect again. Can you connect to internet radio on your device? In Motorola's My Music App. I too am in the soak. I have not installed any new apps. How can i reflash the update again?

djspy

Reaction score
ok on that link that you posted do i download the 1 gig file or the 8meg file? From the looks of the screen shot it says it'll restore me back to 173.

I plug in my phone with USB Debigging installed then i hit the run.bat file and choose option 1 right?