update,root now how do I take off pre installed apps.

blwn327

Reaction score
I updated ota and got my root back,everything is working but now when I want to take pre installed apps through terminal emulator I cant.After I type in
su
#mount -o rw,remount /system
#rm -r /system/app/" " " " <-----file name of .apk i want off
it tells me failed cuz read only .apk or something?thanx

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest that you use an app like Root. Explorer to rename the apps from *.apk to *.bak. prior to the change just hit the button in the top right corner to change the file to rw and then change it back to ro after the change.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

_Killer_

Reaction score
where are the apk's located when browsing with RE? i've done this before on my d1.. i thought they were in the root folder.. BUT i'm unable to see anything there..

pool_shark

Reaction score
I created a new folder and moved all of the unwanted apps there.

_Killer_

Reaction score
is there any way to gain access to these files via computer?? i've got paid version of RE.. so not like i'm looking for a free way out.. just feel it would be easier to access this info and move it around on a comp

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
we all have different methods. I prefer getting titanium backup premium version and just freezing the apps.

event121

Reaction score
is there any way to gain access to these files via computer?? i've got paid version of RE.. so not like i'm looking for a free way out.. just feel it would be easier to access this info and move it around on a comp

copy them to your sd card/usb mass storage/edit/copy back or use adb