[UPDATE][Rom]D1-MIUI-1.1.14.1

hoppermi

Reaction score
You can restore data but not system data. only app data. reinstall agian with wipe. And only restore data for apps no system data

what is included in system data?

System apps are the ones that come w/ the rom, not from market.

Sent from the northwoods of Michigan.

but i mean can i restore things like sms and contacts?[/QUOTE]

I already said you have to use a 3 rd party app to keep your SMS. Contacts are restored when you sign into your accounts.

hoppermi

Reaction score
anymore ideas on how i can install m missing apps?

Yeah, but you might not like it. I checked my apps and all the apps I moved to SD did not restore, including angry birds. Potential solution, moving all apps back to phone before making backup.

lilcdroid

Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup Pro and have never had a problem restoring data apps. I make sure I force redo the backups before I flash a new rom, that way the most current apk and my data are saved. The Pro version also restores my apps back to where they were located (ie: data/app or on the SD card). You can do this in the TI Pro settings. System apps, (Gmail, Email, Vending, Gtalk, ect) install on their own, as they are incorporated in the ROM. To get my BlackedOut themed apps, I flash them after initial setup.

Side note: I flashed ChevyNo1 800 kernel and didn't have to apply the theme fix and have been flashing different themes without a problem.

hoppermi

Reaction score

Yeah, but you might not like it. I checked my apps and all the apps I moved to SD did not restore, including angry birds. Potential solution, moving all apps back to phone before making backup.

I just restored angry birds from an older backup, when it was still in phone memory. Apparently miui backup doesn't like apps on SD. :(

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Thx Jamz always! I will b donating to u later sametime upgrading to TI pro.. I knw thrs a cppl bugs but as always Jamz very good abt mkng it rght! Again thx 4 the great work!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DaveB722

Reaction score
Working great for me. No fc's, speed is great. No issues so far. Much better than 1.7. Thanks

Using chevy's 1100 ulv with no problems and no problem theming it.

poeypresents

Reaction score
Anyone notice on the power menu ; odd buttons, basically still have 1.1.7.0 power control but says all sorts of things where supposedx to say power off, silent, visitpr mode, reboot, it says all kinda diff things

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am working on a small no wipe update but flashing that is breaking themes :-(

If you guys want i can just post the apks, and the framework file that fixes the reboot menu

mal_eskrito

Reaction score

I just restored angry birds from an older backup, when it was still in phone memory. Apparently miui backup doesn't like apps on SD. :(

So how do i make my apps install on my phone without it installing to the SD card?

crackedvenom

Reaction score
anyone else having redraws with adw ex? last version was fine. now when i press home, it takes a few seconds to load dock, icons, and widgets

fishfood

Reaction score
I am working on a small no wipe update but flashing that is breaking themes :-(

If you guys want i can just post the apks, and the framework file that fixes the reboot menu

Jamez, that would be awesome... 1.1.14 has been great for me, other than the weird reboot menu. Not worth reverting back for, but would be a little easier to brag about if it were fixed! Thanks!

frostthejack

Reaction score
I liked global search :(

It worked for you? Did you do anything special to get it to work? I could never get it to do anything for me.

I liked it too. If your serching for something online you just have to click search web after typing it in. But you could use global search to find anything on your phone like if you have a bunch of apps you can just type in the app and it would pop up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk