[UPDATE][Rom]D1-MIUI-1.1.14.1

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Is there a way to backup my desktop folders when I apply the new 1.1.14 from 1.1.7? Example through titanium or MIUI back up? I've tried the MIUI system backup and checked desktop layout in previous upgrades to new builds but I always had to go through the hassel of putting all my apps in seperate folders again :/ maybe I'm missing something?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When I try to set up PCSynch with the Miui File Manager, I can not get it to connect with my computer. If I type the address into a browser, I can see the files on my phone but if I type it into Windows Explorer it tells me there is no program associated with it. I am running Windows 7 on one computer and get a similar response on another running Windows XP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You need an FTP program on your PC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fyi, just tested filezilla and it works

hoppermi

Reaction score
When I try to set up PCSynch with the Miui File Manager, I can not get it to connect with my computer. If I type the address into a browser, I can see the files on my phone but if I type it into Windows Explorer it tells me there is no program associated with it. I am running Windows 7 on one computer and get a similar response on another running Windows XP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

umm it works in google chrome for me currently on win 7, also MAKE SURE you type it in correctly and type in THE PORT it has(for me it says 2121 for the port).

Maybe I am missing the purpose of PCSync then. I can get to the file list in Chrome or Firefox, but can I then copy files from my computer to my phone using a web browser? To transfer files I thought I needed to use file explorer in Windows, which is what I can't do. Thank you again.

Works fine on my XP laptop. Just type in the address in the My Computer address bar

hoppermi

Reaction score
Is there a way to backup my desktop folders when I apply the new 1.1.14 from 1.1.7? Example through titanium or MIUI back up? I've tried the MIUI system backup and checked desktop layout in previous upgrades to new builds but I always had to go through the hassel of putting all my apps in seperate folders again :/ maybe I'm missing something?

I aways make a backup of desktop layout with MIUI backup right before upgrading. Make sure all of your apps are installed before restoring desktop layout with MIUI Backup. It has worked for me since the feature was added.

Jarllax

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing chinese characters in the messaging app? How do I fix this? It is displaying english everywhere else...

elwood1229

Reaction score

You need an FTP program on your PC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fyi, just tested filezilla and it works

Uhhh, hadn't thought of using FTP. FileZilla works for me too. That will do the job. I just thought that I had done this before using Windows file explorer. Maybe I was dreaming. http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

elwood1229

Reaction score
umm it works in google chrome for me currently on win 7, also MAKE SURE you type it in correctly and type in THE PORT it has(for me it says 2121 for the port).

Maybe I am missing the purpose of PCSync then. I can get to the file list in Chrome or Firefox, but can I then copy files from my computer to my phone using a web browser? To transfer files I thought I needed to use file explorer in Windows, which is what I can't do. Thank you again.

Works fine on my XP laptop. Just type in the address in the My Computer address bar

Alright, I am embarrassed. Just have to follow instructions. I wasn't typing in the "ftp://" in the Windows Explorer address line, just the IP address. Type it all in as the instructions say and it works.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Bummer!

Man, I'm so bummed! I installed this ROM coming from UD 2.5, but after wiping everything and it just will not work on my phone. It gets super hot and freezes until I do a battery pull. I tried the stock kernel, several Chevy kernels of varying speed/voltage, LFY, slayher, but nothing works! I was running a Slayher 1.1Ghz kernel on UD 2.5 with zero problems, but just cannot get this one to run.

I thought for the hell of it I would try it on my wife's phone, and it worked beautifully on hers the first time! No heat issues, ran smooth as butter, but no dice on mine. Such a bummer because this is my first venture in MIUI land, and was so excited with the features that this ROM sports. My wife fell instantly in love and she feels like she just got a new phone again!

Just wanted to give my props to the devs and share my tale of woe. Maybe I'll hunt ebay to get a new phone to try out.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Last night i tried slayhers kernel with all the good compliments about it. It froze my phone up, and even all the other kernels did. Another weird thing is that i uninstalled launcher pro and go launcher, but go launcher kept coming back after a reboot. Im hoping a good wipe will do the trick. I dont know what happened. It sucks because the new version is about to come out. Oh well.

edit:

Still freezing. Any ideas? Last two things im going to do are format sd card and try a different rom. I have no idea what it is.

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me info on this dialer. I'm pretty sure it's MIUI, maybe an earlier version, I got on kind of late, but I haven't seen it on any of the MIUI's I've flashed and I really like it.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
never seen it before and ive been on every miui

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
never seen it before and ive been on every miui

I knew you would reply! Haha. But hmm, I wonder what it's from then. Looks like something that would be MIUI. I actually know of a MIUI mod for the Desire that might have this. I can't see it being any other ROM. I'll have to check. What are the dialer images under? Framework?

EDIT: Wow, stupid question. Probably under the Phone.apk.

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another question. I was digging around in the Framework.apk and I found some images that go to an analog clock but they aren't part of the clock that comes with the ROM so what do they go to?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Another question. I was digging around in the Framework.apk and I found some images that go to an analog clock but they aren't part of the clock that comes with the ROM so what do they go to?

not sure, could be the dock clock. The analog clock is an app in sys called deskcolck

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

not sure, could be the dock clock. The analog clock is an app in sys called deskcolck

Well the images are for an analog clock which is what confuses me. Yeah, I edit that apk reguarly. Those are different from the ones I found. But, they're going towards my next AnalogClock mod haha:)