Update release at 8 pm tonight

DroidStang

Reaction score
Thanks, my store rep ....duh...auh...oh I'm sure...LOL clueless, and Verizon csr couldn't stop sneezing, also ...duh ...auh ????? So you are most likely right, thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mendacity

Reaction score
I havent looked into the tethering plans yet from what I have read if u choose to tether u just pay more for the service and they give you a cap of 2gb. Why should i pay for unlimited data and then have to pay for the privilege of tethering? If they would like to charge a one time fee for tethering app I would GLADLY pay it. I flat out REFUSE to pay for tethering so I am going to stream NON-STOP music and just turn the media volume down. Childish? Maybe, but I didn't use that much bandwidth when I was tethering to laptop so now I am going to hit them where it counts.......their bottom line.

jseah

Reaction score
I havent looked into the tethering plans yet from what I have read if u choose to tether u just pay more for the service and they give you a cap of 2gb. Why should i pay for unlimited data and then have to pay for the privilege of tethering? If they would like to charge a one time fee for tethering app I would GLADLY pay it. I flat out REFUSE to pay for tethering so I am going to stream NON-STOP music and just turn the media volume down. Childish? Maybe, but I didn't use that much bandwidth when I was tethering to laptop so now I am going to hit them where it counts.......their bottom line.

If you're talking about tethering on the Thunderbolt or any other LTE phone in Verizon's stable, you are not limited to 2GB. When you pay for tethering, it is unlimited.

DroidStang

Reaction score
If you don't care about going to secured sites pda net free version fine or 16 to 23 for paid version

wardo

Reaction score
Me to. I don't really care what they fix anymore. I'm over it.

DroidStang

Reaction score
According to Verizon’s official ThunderBolt update page (PDF file) there is no specific mention of an improvement in the WiFi hotspot feature, but they do list enhanced data connectivity so maybe that covers it. Here is the list of affected areas in the update:

* Enhanced data connectivity when accessing Verizon 3G network. * SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging application. * Time for device activation is improved. * Backup Assistant is correctly displayed in Applications menu. * Stability improvements for data centric apps like Facebook, Kayak, Yahoo! Mail, and more. * Accurate location is displayed when accessing the weather widget. * Quickly load GPS updates for Google maps and VZ Navigator.

As you know, the ThunderBolt had issues switching back to 3G with the recent LTE outage so maybe this will be fixed. The update is 35.649 MB and takes the ThunderBolt from software build number 1.12.605.6 to 1.13.605.7 and the baseband from 1.16.00.0223r to 1.16.00.0402w_1. we hopeful that this update fixes WiFi hotspot issues and if it does the ThunderBolt will stay in collection and if not, you may consider switching to the Droid Charge that reportedly works better with the WiFi hotspot feature. News From zdnet.com

Details: http://thetechjournal.com/tech-net

rbw62

Reaction score
I keep checking, but no ota, even went to VZW Store today, put new sim card in.....no ota.

rbw62

Reaction score
Anyone in GA get ota? 2.11.605.9

GolfOx

Reaction score
Got the update on 12/16 by pulling through software update check.

rbw62

Reaction score
Still no OTA by checking every hour.

wardo

Reaction score
Don't even worry about it. Nothing is different.

rbw62

Reaction score
Well I downloaded ruu from net, I am caught up now. 2.11.605.9.....