Update release at 8 pm tonight

drdumont

Reaction score
After futzing with my non rooted Thunderbolt for a week when I got it, I found I can run the phone with the oversized battery almost 30 hours between recharges (as an average). Since then, thrice I have found the phone sitting idle, battery very warm, and almost out of gas 4 hours after disconnecting the charger (I usually charge overnight as a routine). Then within a couple of days, Im back to normal. Never figured this out.

Now this weekend coincidentally with the "update" which apparently has NOT happened, I am back to the hot battery issue again. Ive checked for running apps, etc, all appears normal.
Is there a connection, perhaps?
Also, I did get over the weekend that "updates" for a ton of apps were available. I used this time to prune the number of apps I never use.

Opinions, please?
Thanks,
-- Doc

Loki_Bolt

Reaction score
WOW! Really I lost my free hot spot on July 7, before the update. It it was saying warning fees will be applied depending on what data plan you have. well something like that. But after the update I checked again and it directed you to call a number for the hot spot.

So becarefull and read the warning.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Mine is still free but my point is that they don't need u to update to get rid of the free mobile hot spot so if ur not updating just because of that like many ppl are saying that's just dumb.

Yeah, I was trying to make the same point. Because I lost my free hotspot before the update. But I also was making the point that
some people my not be reading the "fine print" blowing right through the warning assuming they still have free hotspot.

Like I mentioned, before july 7 when I checked the box for the hotspot it said it was free for a limited time, then on July 7 the day the promotion ended it said, warning by using the hotspot you are subject the data fees base off your data plan. Then after I got the update the warning box said, if you want the hotspot call this number.

Just trying to help people who don't like to read warnings

zertsman

Reaction score
My x was doing that.... Photobucket was trying to upload a huge video I had taken. Turned off video uploads and all is fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
WOW! Really I lost my free hot spot on July 7, before the update. It it was saying warning fees will be applied depending on what data plan you have. well something like that. But after the update I checked again and it directed you to call a number for the hot spot.

So becarefull and read the warning.

Mine is still free but my point is that they don't need u to update to get rid of the free mobile hot spot so if ur not updating just because of that like many ppl are saying that's just dumb.

Yeah, I was trying to make the same point. Because I lost my free hotspot before the update. But I also was making the point that
some people my not be reading the "fine print" blowing right through the warning assuming they still have free hotspot.

Like I mentioned, before july 7 when I checked the box for the hotspot it said it was free for a limited time, then on July 7 the day the promotion ended it said, warning by using the hotspot you are subject the data fees base off your data plan. Then after I got the update the warning box said, if you want the hotspot call this number.

Yea I got u I got mine for another 2 months :) .....everyone should download the update i am getting better data and service connection my battery is about The same and no reboots and I didn't have reboots before the update

adt1982

Reaction score

Yea I got u I got mine for another 2 months :) .....everyone should download the update i am getting better data and service connection my battery is about The same and no reboots and I didn't have reboots before the update

It's hard to download the update when it's been 4 days and your phone never even gives you the option to download it. :icon_evil:

drdumont

Reaction score
I checked and mine has not updated. Scheduled it for 215 AM tonite. I'm waiting for a call from prospective employer so I'm not messing with it now.

kparks

Reaction score

It's hard to download the update when it's been 4 days and your phone never even gives you the option to download it. :icon_evil:

They roll it out in waves I assume so if there are major problems they can pull the update... But most every1 should have it by now when u hit updates what does it say service unavailable?

goresnet

Reaction score
If the update is installed, does it block root? I still don't have the update available, but as I plan on rooting (as soon as I get a day off, probably next weekend), I don't want to install it if it'll keep me from rooting.

drdumont

Reaction score
Foller the directions above to check for an update. Mine gave me the option to download now or schedule in the future. I'm awaiting a call from a prospective employer so I'm not gonna mess with it now...

Kboss375

Reaction score
Has any one with the leaked Mr2 got the update? Sorry if this has been answered. It's a long topic

Sent from the Iphone killer

bam2044

Reaction score

They roll it out in waves I assume so if there are major problems they can pull the update... But most every1 should have it by now when u hit updates what does it say service unavailable?

My phone the update screen just goes blank, Tuesday will it be forced to update? I even tries to manually update and still no luck. I'm getting frustrated my phone keep dropping 4G to 1X.

phil1166

Reaction score

My phone the update screen just goes blank, Tuesday will it be forced to update? I even tries to manually update and still no luck. I'm getting frustrated my phone keep dropping 4G to 1X.

Still no update for me either, but I don't have the 4G to 1X problem

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I updated yesterday. Liquid thunderbread 2.2. Pretty friggen awesome

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

bam2044

Reaction score

Still no update for me either, but I don't have the 4G to 1X problem

Does yours even check for updates or not? Like mine