Update Radio to Newest Version (does NOT require root)

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I followed the instructions and downloaded the usb driver, how do I get froyo on it?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Actually,

"
7.) Now that you've done all of the setup for the root, run the file named "reflash"

8.) Highlight the "reboot" option and press the optical trackpad"

How do I run a file named reflash...

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Have you joined over at Inc Forum yet? If not, go ahead and jump on. I say that because I had an advantage of being able to boot with my Mac. All I had to do was hook the phone up and tell it to go. Did everything else including the files automatically. Over there, HTC, Doug Piston and others have all done the Windows method and will be MUCH better telling you what to do better than me. I want to be safe and get you the right information.

Once you're rooted, you'll need to get ROM Manager from the Marketplace. Use it to download and install the ROM's. Works beautifully.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm sorry, disregard all of my posts except for, how do I get FroYo on my phone after rooting? where do I get skyraider? which one do I get? how do I run it?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
OH thankyou! your post hadn't shown yet! what do you mean when you say ROM's plural? What else should i get besides skyraider?

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm guessing you got the rooting done. OK, when you pick the Skyraider ROM, you'll find additional items like goodies, status bars, things like that. I recommend downloading pretty much all of the goodies. That will finish adding Flash and such.

Now, before flashing, ROM Manager will ask you about backing up before flashing. YES! Definitely do this. And when you bring up Skyraider, you WILL need to bring your information again. It will basically be a brand new phone like you just pulled it out of the store.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
How do I bring my information again? My files on my phone are very precious to me:)

Oh and is it normal that it takes forever to download it? It says Sense (2 of 2) and its loading very slowly. It's been here lke 3 minutes and its at 8%

EDIT

Aww, turning on wifi made it start at 0% again. Damn my impatience :D

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Yes, use wifi to download it much faster. N

I hope I caught you before flashing. Use Titanium Backup, another app on the Market, to backup all of your apps. Do NOT backup system data as it will corrupt things going to 2.2. Load Froyo, reload Titanium Backup, pull apps restore from there. That should get you on track.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
**** I don't know if I flashed yet? It randomly asked if I Want to back stuff up and I hit okay? Everything seems to be here after backing up. So titanium.. gotcha. Once I have froyo, how do I bring all my information back?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I opened titanium and it says Root access => FAILED

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Once you have Froyo, you'll reset your phone just like it was new. You may have to reinstall some contacts and such manually if you didn't have everything through Google.

Then, go to Titanium Backup, have in reinstall APPS ONLY. Not system data. Get the paid version of Titanium Backup, and ROM Manager, for that matter. After your apps are back, go through the menus and I believe the command is something like Market Link or Market Wizard. It will tie all of your apps back to the market.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
"Welcome to Titanium Backup!
Version 3.4.2

== Free Version
== More features available in Donate version :)

Root access => FAILED

Data directory: /data
External storage: /sdcard (ok)
Backup directory: /sdcard/TitaniumBackup "

that's what I see. Help?

Also, I need to purchase these apps instead of using free versions? I'm confused. I dont wanna spend money

OP
jkhonea

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
OK, did you finish the actual root process per the instructions from the other link? Don't try flashing again until you know you have full root! Must be done!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Yes, I followed all those instructions, and I ran unrEVOked when I was in usb debugging, it's all been done.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh, I hit the problems button and it made it work. How do I backup all the apps with it, though?

EDIT

OKay, I clicked Backup all user apps and hit RUN. Is there anything else I should be backing up with titanium? There's a looong list. And will I lose my music, pictures, or videos when I flash skyraider?