Update push confirmed!

OP
runrhinorun

runrhinorun

Reaction score
See this is what bugs me, I am still waiting on the reboot fix update, now I am on the wait for a replacement device. I am really being patient here, spent $300 on this device and still trying to get resolution on HTC and Verizon's software issues. If the device was not ready for release than it should not have been. I am not a brain surgeon making life and death decisions but I spent a sizable piece of change on my bolt and use it for business 90% of the time and am very unsatisfied. If this is not resolved with the replacement, I will be changing device and will not be paying for my next device. Don't anger the rhino...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

IronBeagle

Reaction score
What about the rumors going around that HTC has given up on the Thunderbolt? All these newer phones are getting the update before the Thunderbolt.....its not getting any newer while waiting. If HTC doesn't want to give the update then they should just say so.

Reaction score
What about the rumors going around that HTC has given up on the Thunderbolt? All these newer phones are getting the update before the Thunderbolt.....its not getting any newer while waiting. If HTC doesn't want to give the update then they should just say so.

I highly doubt that is true. HTC and Verizon spent a lot of time and money promoting this phone and have sold untold thousands of them. If they "gave up" on what was advertised as a high end flagship phone just a few months into it's existence that would lead to thousands of people leaving Verizon and/or not choosing HTC the next time they buy a phone. I think that because of all the early issues (I've had none of them, knock on wood) they are taking their time with the GB update to make sure everything is perfect.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed - I think after the ****storm that MR1 caused they are probably going to be overly cautious and slow and make sure there's zero issues.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Agreed - I think after the ****storm that MR1 caused they are probably going to be overly cautious and slow and make sure there's zero issues.

I agree, and I for one am glad they are taking the time to try and make it as bug free as possible upon release.

TheRockSays

Reaction score

I agree, and I for one am glad they are taking the time to try and make it as bug free as possible upon release.

Agreed! The funny thing is, a lot of these whiners were the very people DEMANDING the phone be released in Feb. Regardless of whether it was ready or not.

Granted, I got mine at best buy the day out came out and haven't had any issues!

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Admitted, my TB is far less frustrating after OTA #2 and it is a great phone overall. I can understand other owners' likely impatience in wanting the GB update.

That said, I ditto you guys in that I'd rather have it right instead of right now. And, yes, I am aware rooting exists and that there are a number of custom ROMs which are available, and that GB is available AFTER rooting. My choice is "not at this time".

In some ways, I am more impatient for 4G to hit Hagerstown, MD. That is 8 air miles away from right here.

Last edited:

IronBeagle

Reaction score
I also want to wait for the update to be right before they release it. My frustration is that we get no communication from HTC about anything. If they would officially update information about what they are doing, people would be more patient. All the rumors are what gets peoples hopes up and then nothing. When I have talked to someone at HTC, they tell me that thy don't know anything about the GB update. People don't know which information is a rumor or what. Just keep me up to date and I would be happy with that.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I also want to wait for the update to be right before they release it. My frustration is that we get no communication from HTC about anything. If they would officially update information about what they are doing, people would be more patient. All the rumors are what gets peoples hopes up and then nothing. When I have talked to someone at HTC, they tell me that thy don't know anything about the GB update. People don't know which information is a rumor or what. Just keep me up to date and I would be happy with that.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly, only difference is you typed it and I did not. Just imagine how much better TB with GB will be...dancedroid cool...