Update push confirmed!

Benwah

Reaction score
Just got an update at 3am est on 6/30/11. No noticeable changes and still running software 2.2.1 so no gingerbread for me to eat right now.... Anyone else get an update?

Sent from my Bolt using DroidForums

dzone67

Reaction score
Just got an update at 3am est on 6/30/11. No noticeable changes and still running software 2.2.1 so no gingerbread for me to eat right now.... Anyone else get an update?

Really?! Nothing yet over here -_- 12:55 am pacific

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

xxcrys16xx

Reaction score
Almost 4 am here and I can't even pull an update.. no fair :'(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dzone67

Reaction score

With or without the update; still no Gingerbread is a big disappointment.

Benwah

Reaction score
Sorry all.... should fill you in better. So I bought my Bolt 2 days ago now (went from a Moto Droid to HTC) so I'm not sure if any of you have had updates for your phones since you got them. If so, maybe this update I got was to catch me up... Before getting my new phone I did some research on it and noticed people talking about a possible Gingerbread update to it starting 6/30/11 so I instantly thought this was it. In a way I wasn't ready for it already because I haven't even become used to the Moto to HTC switch so I feel sorry for the people that have been waiting for awhile.

Would there be any chance that this is a set up to another update? The first thing I checked when the update was complete was to see what version of Android I was running and it was 2.2.1 which led me to beleve that no Gingerbread was occuring.

The update took about 10 min. and phone rebooted after update was complete which is standard.... any ideas on what I got?

shanewprice

Reaction score
The update took about 10 min. and phone rebooted after update was complete which is standard.... any ideas on what I got?

You got MR1.

Incoming Newb question: What's MR1?

It stands for "Maintenance Release 1"

It was released back in May and is the catalyst for the reboot problem that many Thunderbolt users are experiencing. I would have advised you not to update until the next update becomes available as well. There was a lot of suspicion that the second update would come today but that is apparently not the case.

robrecht

Reaction score
VZW controls the releases not HTC.

The rep lied to you. Never date her she can lie and smile at the same time.

While I appreciate you're witty response, I do not appreciate the assumption that I'm male.

That rep supposedly notated my account that if the June 30th update didn't fix the issues, that I was to receive another device. I'd say that means she's pretty confident that it will. Just thought I'd share..

Lesbian Verizon sales reps aside, it really says nothing about her confidence that she annotated your account. She is just being responsible to make sure that your issue is addressed with a 'new' phone if the update does not arrive and does not fix your issue. If anything, it may indicate that she was not that confident that the update would occur or would fix your issue. But even if she was confident, that doesn't mean anything about the accuracy of the beliefs she holds with confidence. Verizon reps really do not know very much about this kind of thing. Anyway, hope your problem is addressed. I mean the phone problem; not implying there's any other kind of problem.;)

nateccnn

Reaction score
VZW controls the releases not HTC.

The rep lied to you. Never date her she can lie and smile at the same time.[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate you're witty response, I do not appreciate the assumption that I'm male.

That rep supposedly notated my account that if the June 30th update didn't fix the issues, that I was to receive another device. I'd say that means she's pretty confident that it will. Just thought I'd share..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums[/QUOTE]

You don't have to be a male in order to date a chick. Be a little more open minded.

Nate

Sent from my tbolt so prone to typos. get used to it.

dmproske

Reaction score
Good grief. Yall need to grow up and get a little thicker skin. I thought this was a thunderbolt update thread. Nobody else here couldn't care less who's dating who cept yall two.

johnd09

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the update may come on the 6 of July, when free tethering runs out. They have to send one out to require the feature to be paid for to thether. They are to lazy to send out two updates, plus they said in the press release about tethering that there would be an update the 6th.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

dzone67

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the update may come on the 6 of July, when free tethering runs out. They have to send one out to require the feature to be paid for to thether. They are to lazy to send out two updates, plus they said in the press release about tethering that there would be an update the 6th.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

Yup, I concur.