1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Update problems fml!!!

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by USMCbagley1993, Jul 6, 2011.

1. USMCbagley1993

USMCbagley1993 New Member

ok so im tryin to update to PE 5.0.2 from the DL link on that main page but everytime i install the update.zip onto the phone and go to reboot all i get it my phone freezing on the motorola M screen!!! Ive tried just about everything my brother and i kno how to do and im getting desperate. the reason i want to update is because my contacts app continuously FCs and its rllyyyyy annoying (and i just checked and using the phone dialer app first does not work, anything at all doin with call log, contacts or favorites just keeps FCing) im gonna try and reinstall the 5.0.1 and do the wipe data to see if that will fix it. someone plz tell me what the best thing to do would b. oh btw im using the original motorola droid
  2. USMCbagley1993

tried reinstalling 5.0.1 and still didnt work, actually made things worse.:icon_evil:
  3. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

try wiping data from the dialer & contacts apk's through the setting/manage applications/ all

and reboot and if its still FC try running fix permissions through rom manager (or PE settings , but cant remember if they included a script for it)

4. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

wait, are you already on PE 5.0.1 and trying to upgrade to 5.0.2?

start fresh and wipe date/system/cache and install 5.0.1 then reboot into android to make sure 5.0.1 flashed correctly. Then flash 5.0.2
  5. USMCbagley1993

yea just did all that and it just f'd it more. the contacts wouldnt resync so i had absolutely nothing idk wtf to do
  6. USMCbagley1993

did this and it seemed like it went right back to original android stuff, mayb im just stupid lol idk ill get my bro to help me out later. i just restored back to my old file cause no contacts were there and its just rediculous. im rly tired of trying right now n i dont wanna mess anything up so im gonna go do something else for a while ill try more later. but i rly appreciate the help. if u kno anyone rly good with PE talk to them and plz hav them post on here
  7. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

if your contacts are no syncing or appearing then make sure you are signed into your google account. go into menu/settings / accounts & sync and your google account should appear under the manage account. if it doesnt appear there then you are not logged in...

if you wiped system and data then you would need to log in again to your google account