Update on the Horizon?

mikex

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows of an upcoming update? I prefer Liberty, but the phone not having speed dial, hanging up on people cause the display won't stay black and my face keeps hitting end call, and the fact I couldn't receive notifications from my calender was the deal breaker on 1.5. I'm really hoping these are addressed in the next release and that its coming soon. I do miss being liberated.

jschoef

Reaction score
speed dial is a blur feature. there are alternatives to speed dial like the contact quick tasks... all the other problems you mentioned you do not exist on my device. I had similar problems with titanium backup restoring blur features. I clean installs is what you need.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BaumbachVcV

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with it like whenever my phone turns a certain way the screen lights back up and i'll accidentally end the call..

Sent from my Droid X rockin' Liberty 1.5!

jschoef

Reaction score
There are settings for that but I can't explain that right now...

OP
mikex

mikex

Reaction score
There are settings for that but I can't explain that right now...

I tried tweaking the proximity delay, but that did nothing for me. I've tried other dialers (dialer one) with it and they're ok, but the blur version interface is still much better. The killer, though, was not getting reminder notifications from my calender (I use Jorte app with the Google calender). I'm the type that needs to be reminded of things, and I missed two appts before I realized the notifications were not being sent. The toolbox allows some blur stuff to be put back on. I just wish I had the option to put the blur dialer back and whatever is preventing the notifications from being sent.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
I have never had this issue with my DX running liberty 1.5 nor have I ever had my girlfriends iphone 4 hang up mid call because my face hit it.

EXQEX9

Reaction score
Personally, I would like an option to disable proximity in calls altogether. When I press the lock button, I would like the screen to stay locked regardless of where the phone is in relation to my sweaty, greasy face.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Personally, I would like an option to disable proximity in calls altogether. When I press the lock button, I would like the screen to stay locked regardless of where the phone is in relation to my sweaty, greasy face.

Disable sensors, problem solved lol.

mr_brady

Reaction score
Regarding the proximity issue, maybe this would help...

Go to your Call Settings and choose "Always use proximity". As in it's description: "Enable to let the proximity sensor lock the screen even if the phone is horizontal".

Dunno if that would solve the problem, but it's worth a shot.

Sweettreat

Reaction score
They do on
mine
speed dial is a blur feature. there are alternatives to speed dial like the contact quick tasks... all the other problems you mentioned you do not exist on my device. I had similar problems with titanium backup restoring blur features. I clean installs is what you need.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Purple Knight

Reaction score
Regarding the proximity issue, maybe this would help...
Go to your Call Settings and choose "Always use proximity". As in it's description: "Enable to let the proximity sensor lock the screen even if the phone is horizontal".

Hey! I haven't had a call drop yet today since turning this on. If this solves it, that would be so wonderful, even if it is a bit embarrassing.