Update not good !

fnourse

Reaction score
Got the ota update , now I got no vm notification & I need that more than gb ,called vw no help ,seems they should fix all the bugs b4 they release these updates . Now I'm pissed

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll have to use Youmail or Google Voice to get VM notifications. I realize that's not a good answer, but the best one can do since VZW pushed out a buggy build.

UNC

Reaction score
Is this an intermittent bug, or something that everyone is experiencing?

Everyone is experiencing it. This is the update that leaked and they didn't even fix it!!! I think they just had to put out GB as promised before turning their backs on the TB forever.

johnd09

Reaction score
It was better to push with a minor bug and issue a small update later to fix vm than delay gingerbread anymore.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

johnd09

Reaction score
This has been a problem with many builds before this so it may be a while before a fix is ready.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

jsprewell

Reaction score
I was going to unroot to update to GB, but because of the VM bug, I'll wait. I need my VM more than I need GB.

droidking1

Reaction score
Go in to settings , then call settings then click voice mail carrier and check it. Idk if that will help , but my vm works

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
Custom Gingerbread ROMS can now get voice mail notifications, developers figured out today how to fix the problem. So if you are willing to root you can have Gingerbread and vm notifications.

Chukee

Reaction score
vm

I also never had a problem with vm. Like i said about 4 days ago i just couldnt see them holding off gb update for a vm bug unlike the rebooting issue which was a major pain for verizon. Maybe if enough people would complain about it to verizon that are having this issue they will issue out a fix or at least look into it.

droidking1

Reaction score
I didn't check to see if my vm had a problem until after I looked at the settings. Mine was set to not have anyone as the voicemail carrier. I clicked the box then made sure my voicemail notifications worked an hour or two later

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Kittysback

Reaction score
I have a voicemail app on the homepage. If I see someone called, I can tap that and it will tell me if I have a vm.