1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Update News

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by DessoThumbs, May 9, 2010.

1. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

"Coming Soon." You got to love it. It says 7 screens so that would be nice for the Eris folks. Now it all depends on what "coming soon" means.
  3. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

My wife's and daughter's both have 7 screens. I guess the new feature is the screen thumbnail.
  4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Desso when I saw the "Update News" from you, I thought we were going to see some more kitty pictures LOL.

If the Eris is getting 7 screens, maybe the stock Droid phones will get more than the current 3 in it's next update.
  5. Jolest

Jolest New Member

The "7 screens" are HTC Sense-UI home-screens... Not the standard Android home-screens that the Moto-Droid gets.

Moto-Droid could get more than 3 home-screens in the next update, but if they do it will be for different reasons than why the HTC Eris is getting 7 home-screens...
  6. deano131

deano131 New Member

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  7. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

If you can not wait for the official Verizon release, I would highly recommend the leaked V3 version. I loaded it one my wife's Eris last week and she is loving it. It has the same band #s as the official version and it comes with everything listed except the 3D gallery. This is super smooth and very easy to install.
  8. diverbelow

diverbelow New Member

I also installed v3 on my wife's Eris and she is loving it, being able to view all 7 screens as a thumbnail is pretty cool. She liked v2 but it had a bug about calling out she did not like that much. Other then that she has been very pleased with 2.1 than 1.5
  9. crazyknight128

crazyknight128 New Member

Iv got 2.1V3 on my eris and i love it, But will be updating as soon i can to the official Verizon version.