Update Message

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have begun getting a strange update message on my Turbo. It is ostensibly from Amazon and asks me to update. When I try to do so, It says it cannot update because I do not allow third-party apps that are not on the Google Play store. Plus when I look at any of my Amazon apps (the regular app and the music app is all I have), they say they are already updated.

Any idea what's triggering this "update"? This started on Thursday, after getting a message Wednesday from a www.[something]view.com that said I had a virus. I didn't touch it; just rebooted the phone.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I haven't received any virus related messages, but I have gotten the Amazon update message. I too assumed that it had to do with my Amazon apps. And for the same reason the update didn't download. Hopefully this isn't something to worry about, but very strange indeed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1coopgt

Reaction score
I got the same update message mid week last week also .

D._Manley

Reaction score
Amazon updates their own apps before the Play Store versions do so. You have to authorize it under your security settings to do so. I do use the Amazon version & just temporarily authorize the install & then, disable immediately after. FWIW, I see no functional change in the Amazon version from the last update other than, a new icon design. Oddly, I *think* the Turbo shipped with the Amazon version pre-installed. Regardless, if you're happy with the version you have, there's no compelling reason to change. If you have the Amazon version the Play Store will not show an update available but if you check with Amazon Apps, it will.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What he said. And it sucks compared to the Amazon App Store version.
May just LOSE a fan over this update.