Update message on rooted droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by K4Lic0, Dec 26, 2010.

1. K4Lic0

K4Lic0 New Member

Hey, so I've had a rooted droid for a while now but I recently updated everything to the newest ChevyNo1 1.2ghz kernel and the latest Bugless Beast ROM and everything is working great except I keep getting a message for a system update (from verizon I assume?) My question is should I do the update? Or since I'm rooted and all that should I ignore it? Is I should ignore it, how do I get it to go away and stay away?
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

I would check BB's threads. previously, for froyo, the advice was to just "accept" the update, and BB would block the install. that way, you would stop getting the notifications of the update. I imagine it's the same thing here, but you may want to double check the threads, because sometimes accepting the update can cause you to lose root.
  3. K4Lic0

K4Lic0 New Member

So, when I try the update the phone will restart but it will show me the yellow exclamation point and then ClockworkMod will come up and I just reboot the phone, the update message goes away for about 15-30 minutes then comes back up.
  4. Trofn8er

Trofn8er New Member

Somebody needs to make a patch....keep checking Pet's web page. He should have a patch soon I bet.
Search tags for this page
droid charge rooted but still getting system update message
ignore android update message

ignore system update android

remove verizon install update message