[UPDATE] Liberty Market Update (ver.2.3.6)

cubsfan187

Reaction score
For those having problems:
Try this!
I haven't tried it on THIS market...but it worked for another market that I installed.
Delete your market.
Use Titanium Backup to freeze the Market Updater.
Follow the rest of the instructions to re-flash.

I've tried exactly this and got nothing but force closes right after bootup. I don't understand why the market will not update on its own. We're on 2.3.6 now. This wont go over 2.2.11. Tried everything I can think of to get the market updated so I can actually get rid of the ugly google green market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Ya...I don't understand it either man. I've never gotten this market to work either.

Mr. Steve

Reaction score
I've also been unable to get this market update to work at all. It will either force close right after I open it or it won't download any apps (I then go into the settings are clear the data, which then causes it to force close completely).

The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling Liberty then flashing it first thing because I just don't have the time right now, maybe I'll try it this weekend.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Havent got a chance to try this yet but it looks great! If it FCs for me, oh well. Atleast I tried, and atleast others can enjoy it even if it does not work for everyone. Dont listen to the people who get all mad just because it doesnt work. It happens. Keep up the good work and if this version fails, hopefully another version down the line will work! Thanks again for your hard work!

EDIT: Just realized this for the the DX, any reason why this shouldn't work on the D2G? I dont see why it wouldnt but just wondering. Will probably find out for my self before I get an answer but doesnt hurt to try. ;)

maximumpower

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been asked but will the stock zip work on Liberty GB?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been asked but will the stock zip work on Liberty GB?
I dont see any reason it wouldnt. The vending apk isnt really device nor OS dependent as far as I know.

@mobile_sensei, got it flashed and it is working excellent! The only criticism I have, is its possible to change the thickness of the yellow lines where the more button is when your on the app descriptions pages, it tends to overlaps the last visible line,when compacted, of the app descriptions. Otherwise this is excellent! I would love to see a blue version!

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I followed the instructions and am getting a FC on liberty 2.0.1, no themes.

I'm trying to install the vanilla one, not the themed one. Moreover I looked in adb and my market is /system/app/Vending.apk. Toolbox doesn't seem to list it, but I uninstalled it manually (via mv Vending.apk Vending.bak) and tried to install the apk in the zip manually. I even chmodded it to the right thing.

what gives?

CrookedChris

Reaction score
Followed the directions to the T. Force close.

Tried reinstalling Liberty 2.0.1 on top. Force close.

What I find odd is that market will open and run once and work fine for like 45 seconds then force closes. It doesn't matter what I do for that short period of time. Then every subsequent time I run it it closes immediately. If I delete the app data the cycle starts over. I want to think it has something to do with the market updater but have no specific reason why.

Back to Market 2.2.11 which sucks because it won't set my content policy restrictions right so I can't search, see, or install like half the apps on the market.

I'm not hating on the publisher of this update but sure wish someone could help us who can't get this thing to work. I'll help in any way I can.