Update Issue??

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by kellygh5, Apr 24, 2012.

1. kellygh5

kellygh5 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Like others have noted in another thread, I received my 6.12.181 update. Just completed the update about 15mins ago, but now I have a square with an arrow pointing up in my notification bar. It says 4 items waiting to upload with 'remote device offline.' Huh? I've never seen this notification before, don't know what remote device it's talking about, or what needs to be uploaded; furthermore, I'm not getting the option to clear it out of my notification bar. :huh:
  2. SallyC

SallyC Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Try going to My Gallery>Settings>MotoCast Setting>MotoCast auto upload settings and make sure everything is unchecked. Next, turn your phone off and back on. Hopefully that will clear it.
  3. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Are you using motocast to upload pictures, music or files to your PC? I usually see that icon when my desktop is turned off and motocast wants to upload to it.

David
  4. kellygh5

kellygh5 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Worked beautifully, SallyCdancedroid! Thank you so much! Motocast never entered my mind. Appreciate the help :)

Are you using motocast to upload pictures, music or files to your PC? I usually see that icon when my desktop is turned off and motocast wants to upload to it.

I just put Motocast on my laptop 2 nights ago. I have not done anything with it since, so I guess that's why I never thought of Motocast as having anything to do with the notification. I don't remember going into Moto settings to check or uncheck auto upload, but it was checked. Thank you very much for your reply & informing me of what that notification means! My PC was turned off when I did the update.

BTW, I haven't gotten the hang of quoting more than one person in a reply. Sorry
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
Search tags for this page
droid razr maxx update issues
items waiting to upload remote device offline

warning device offline