Update Installer Premium....does this team get a cut of the profit?

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Corinacakes, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    i have a question about the updater premium....

Is this team getting a cut of the profit? if not i'm just getting the free version and i'll independently donate to the team. Also if not, are you going to make your own updater (free and premium)?

2. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you talking about the Rom Manager? Or Droidmod's updater app? I'm really not sure about Rom Manager, I do know that the team has to buy the premium app also, I'm not sure the app dev is giving any cuts to anyone. I'm thinking not though.

3. Corinacakes

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    i'm talking about the app in the market that allows you to flash ultimate droid. this team works hard and i don't like the thought of giving my money to someone that doesn't split the profit with the dev. in other words .... i'd rather donate to the team and just flash the rom the old fashion way until they get their own installer.

4. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that's Rom Manager. Honestly I don't think the devs are getting anything, they even have to buy the app themselves in order to provide the ROMs. But again I'm not entirely sure, might ask blackdroid himself to get a better answer. By the looks of it though I don't think they get anything.

5. the blackdroid

the blackdroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    no we are not getting any profit, however, i am currently working on our own installer. I cant tell you when it will be out, but untill then you can either donate directly or wait for the release of our own installer. thank you very much for your support

6. Corinacakes

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    ok thanks blackdroid :) donating now and waiting anxiously for your own installer (with metamorph compatibility :rofl3:) thanks for all your hard work!! we all :heart: it :D

7. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok cool thanks for clearing that up! Looking forward to trying out your installer lol!

8. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0

you seem a bit confused =) there is not really a "team" koush made rom manager himself (im pretty sure) the donate is for his work on that app alone. If you wish to support other rom devs that are in his rom manager rom list, you can go to that developers page (maybe they should add a link in the rom manager for this purpose) and you can donate to them.

It isn't like a donate and he passes the profits out to all the devs. they get their own donations.

9. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0

I suppose that's nice, seems a bit pointless since you basically have one already. Will you still keep your rom installable through the rom manager then or will you remove it and have it through your own only?

what is "our" pete and other rom devs? or I don't get it. I figure you got rom manager just use that. perhaps donate links can be added in the comments of the roms in the rom list or somethign?

10. devildog9999

devildog9999 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too had to purchase the app even to beta test with, and no, no profit is being given to me. I honestly don't care either way as long as I can contribute to the entire process so that we all can have the latest and greatest experience with our devices.

oh - and to answer the question as to why my "Beta Team" tag is still black - they have to fix or create a tag for a supporting member who is also a beta tester! lol!!

11. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I would have know you were working on your own installer... I would have saved the 4 bucks...... you might want to let more people know this as it will not be used by your users if you have your own.

12. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That why we all need to donate directly and keep our boy BLACKDROID creative! I have said it in many threads and will continue to say it. Keep up the good work :blackdroid:. Also, the 3.99 for rom manager is well deserved and it has many features that droid users were desiring so props to koush aswell.

#12 stedrocklp, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010