Update from Froyo to Gingerbread

Seanstex

Reaction score
Hi,

I am one among many that's having issues updating to 2.3 on my Droid X. I'm at a huge loss. After the download completed, the update took place just fine so I thought. Upon the phone restarting it froze at the motorola logo screen. I Pulled the battery and SD card. Same issue when restarted.

I had the phone rooted but I unrooted Via Z4root and named the few files back from .bak to .apk that I'd changed prior to updating. I installed PC drivers for USB, downloaded RSD Lite 4.9 and the update VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf. When attempting to flash with RSD it fails. I'm sitting at the bootloader screen completely clueless now. Bootloader says:

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode: USB

Downloading the gift 2(2.2) now in hopes that that will work.

UPDATE: The 2.2 update fails aswell. WTF. (0x7100) being the error for both sbf's.

This is ridiculous.

Can anyone provide some assistance?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds kind of like the error I had got when I finally got it to install it happened while I was on lunch at work... I had bootloader then some error codes then the same thing as you are describing..I freaked out and thought I was bricked...I took mine to the vzw store the next day and played dumb about it and they were able to flash it back to good ol froyo which I wasn't to happy about the rep tried to say maybe you shouldn't do the update but I went ahead and did it with no problems.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

Seanstex

Reaction score
Ok...well I moved the 2.3 sbf file to the root of my C drive and it installed the update perfectly through RSD. I didn't even lose any contacts, video or anything. Awesome.