Update for TBolt

Arsonman

Reaction score
I wonder if they are rolling this out like the Droid updates. 10,000 every day to see how it goes and then push it out to everyone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Talk about a bunch of impatient people. It will roll out when it rolls out.

jaybuc

Reaction score
Talk about a bunch of impatient people. It will roll out when it rolls out.

Well yeah when the freakin phone switches between 1x,3G and 4G all day i do get impatient :icon_evil::icon_eek:

RVC

Reaction score
Will I lose root when this Ota rolls out?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

techguru

Reaction score
Will I lose root when this Ota rolls out?

Previous experience with original Droid, Incredible, and DroidX is that you either won't get the OTA or it will fail to install if you are rooted, but within a few days, someone at XDA will post an update.zip that will work for rooted users. If it does install, or you do a manual install of the update.zip that has not been modified for root users than yes, you will probably lose root.

Alan

rockula

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's much harder to do during the day. I've not had any luck until last night. I got up to take a wizz about 1am, and for kicks tried it, and it worked!! My phone rebooted after it was done I think. But, I still had to do a battery pull to get it to connect to the network this morning. I really have no clue what improvements to expect, but so far so good I guess.

J

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
by battery pull, you mean turning off and taking the battery out, waiting, then putting it back in and starting up again?

rockula

Reaction score
Yes. I didn't wait too long really. Some people do, but I didn't. And when it came back on, I was connected to the 3G network. So, maybe it didn't reboot after it was finished? I think it did, because when I checked it this AM, it had said the update was a success and showed the new version. But I wasn't connected to the 3G network, thus the battery pull. I maybe didn't need to pull the battery, but it never hurts.

j

jr313

Reaction score
it's out now. Went to Software Updates > Check new and got it.

This worked for me as well. I was not rooted (but planning on doing so next week). I assume the root method will still work. Is that accurate?
It might not work due to them plugging up the exploit used in the previous ruu to obtain root...I could be wrong but thats usually what happens and a reason why if ur rooted devs tell you not to except the OTA & just wait for a rooted version of the OTA..

gabes0969

Reaction score
Trick that worked for me

Are you getting the service unavailable on wifi? Pretty sure you
have to be on the network... And no I have not got it yet either.

For those who get the service not available, there is a trick that worked for me and most people here in Los Angeles and Orange County California. Set your phone to CDMA only. This can be accomplished by using the LTEOnOff app. Then check for new software as usual then you will see it. It will take about 1hr or a bit less using that speed but it works. Once your phone updates are resets use the same app to set the phone back to the way you had it.