Update for TBolt

NickWBurns

Reaction score
Still saying no new updates available for me, whens this supposed to launch?

twinklystar129

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the OTA update, I apologize if it has been answered before -

If you're rooted running the stock rom with all the bloatware renamed (not deleted), can we still receive OTA updates (like this one that's about to be released) from htc/verizon without causing the phone to break? Do we need to rename all the bloatware back to its original .apk files before we receive the updates?

I am happy with my stock battery performance on the stock rom (I get about 17 hours a day average 6:30am - 11pm/midnight), the only reason I rooted was to remove the bloatware and get "administrative" rights to my own phone.

Thank you!

rockula

Reaction score
Sorry, But what does "rooted" mean? ALso, what's this about "renaming" rather than deleting system app's that you don't want? is that better? How do you rename the application?

All this talk of ROM's and stuff... makes me wonder if I should investigate the "Hacking" thread. Is it worth it to learn that stuff? Or are you just begging to brick your phone?

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Sorry, But what does "rooted" mean? ALso, what's this about "renaming" rather than deleting system app's that you don't want? is that better? How do you rename the application?

All this talk of ROM's and stuff... makes me wonder if I should investigate the "Hacking" thread. Is it worth it to learn that stuff? Or are you just begging to brick your phone?

Noob...lol haha if you got root you can do anything with your phone...that's why they were able to rename the apps

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score

by all means check out the treads..for the most part if you do ur research and take ur time its worth doing and ur chances of bricking ur phone are minimal.
3wks ago i didnt know sqat about my TB,now i'm rooted and having fun exploring and experimenting with its new potential.

djj624

Reaction score
If we are rooted and updated to the ruu/radio from the leaked version we won't need to worry about the ota correct, or do we need to still get the official version. Any differences, my 4G and gps work great after the leaked update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Is it just rumors that it is going to be released today, and or is there some sort of formal announcement somewhere?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Oh:(

I was hoping it would be a bit flashier than that. Guess that it is just the very small basics. So when is 2.3 rumored to be Thunderstruck?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

rockula

Reaction score
I was curious... when I go to Update press my "Status" button, all it says is Verizon Wireless, and all of the other lines of info have no information. Is that normal for VZW phones?

I pressed update, and it said something different than yesterday. yesterday is just said there weren't any. Today it says "Service Unavailable, Check back later". So perhaps something is going down...

NickWBurns

Reaction score
I was curious... when I go to Update press my "Status" button, all it says is Verizon Wireless, and all of the other lines of info have no information. Is that normal for VZW phones?

I pressed update, and it said something different than yesterday. yesterday is just said there weren't any. Today it says "Service Unavailable, Check back later". So perhaps something is going down...

Same thing here gotta be on the way

rockula

Reaction score
by all means check out the treads..for the most part if you do ur research and take ur time its worth doing and ur chances of bricking ur phone are minimal.

3wks ago i didn't know squat about my TB,now i'm rooted and having fun exploring and experimenting with its new potential.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll maybe take look around and get up to speed. Especially if I can enjoy some benefits. Speaking of... is there anywhere that I go look to easily see WHAT the benefits of rooting are?

Thanks!
Jason

twinklystar129

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the OTA update, I apologize if it has been answered before -

If you're rooted running the stock rom with all the bloatware renamed (not deleted), can we still receive OTA updates (like this one that's about to be released) from htc/verizon without causing the phone to break? Do we need to rename all the bloatware back to its original .apk files before we receive the updates?

I am happy with my stock battery performance on the stock rom (I get about 17 hours a day average 6:30am - 11pm/midnight), the only reason I rooted was to remove the bloatware and get "administrative" rights to my own phone.

Thank you!

I don't mean to spam, but I'll really appreciate it if someone can answer my question quoted above. I really want to get this update because I've been having GPS problems and hoping that this update will fix/improve it. I did not install the leaked RUU update. Before I do that, I want to see if I can receive this OTA update first...

Thanks!