Update for TBolt

bernardino5

Reaction score
Verizon released an update for TBolt just saw it on Droid Life better 3g connection and some bug fixes

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Verizon released an update for TBolt just saw it on Droid Life better 3g connection and some bug fixes

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Not being released till 5/3

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My guess it's what rooted TB users already have built into our ROMs that was leaked a week or so ago.

OP
bernardino5

bernardino5

Reaction score
Damn got to excited was looking into it, hey thx

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

lazarus2297

Reaction score
My guess it's what rooted TB users already have built into our ROMs that was leaked a week or so ago.

i have the update as a non rooted user too, and I actually hope what i have isn't the update that verizon/htc is releasing... my phone has been rebooting way more with the new RUU and I have had no increase in GPS location, although it does seem my 4G--3G handoff is better...

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I installed the radio only (I'm rooted), and GPS improved dramatically.
I'm in an area on the fringe of a 4g area, and it seems that the 4g/3g hand off is working better also.

No reboots here, and I'm overclocking it like I stole it!

NickWBurns

Reaction score
So will you be able to get the update by going into settings>software update>check new and get it that way or will it have to be downloaded manually?

Sent through a bolt of thunder

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I think a notification just shows up. I have been trying to software update and it times out with an ERROR message. Not sure what they means, but at least we know its coming.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I had flashed the latest leak about a week ago. I had four reboots in an hours time. I think it might depend on the rom you're on, but I could be wrong. The rom I'm running now hasn't given me any reboots. I also didn't see an improvement for gps. I always end up flashing and fix gps file to lock me on. Transition is a little better from 3G to 4g.

Sent from Verizon in Phoenix, AZ, running a rooted Thunderbolt, with Lightning Rom v3.3.1 / Minimalistic Extreme Kernel

alboboy10

Reaction score
If you are rooted and update nothing happens right? It won't interfere.

P.s. What radio are u guys mentioning about gps. I've tried clearing cache and using gps status to fix my gps problem.

No luck. As of now my tb doesn't lock me to exactly where I am, OR even with the big blue circle around the small one.

I need to enable gps, and doesn't work still.

My google maps is pointless as of now

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
alboboy10 - try this - go to your market and download GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim. Once you get it, go to Menu --> Tools --> Manage A-GPS state. Then click on Reset. Close the app by hitting the return button and open it back up again. Wait for the GPS assistance data to download, and in less than 5 seconds you should have a lock.

This is how I fix my GPS every time I flash a new rom (because when I do it takes 10+ mins for a lock). After I do this fix, it gets an INSTANT lock.

I got this from someone on the XDA forums. I cannot remember their name :( Credit goes to them.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Yay for an update. Glad to see it'll help fix our connection.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
alboboy10 - try this - go to your market and download GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim. Once you get it, go to Menu --> Tools --> Manage A-GPS state. Then click on Reset. Close the app by hitting the return button and open it back up again. Wait for the GPS assistance data to download, and in less than 5 seconds you should have a lock.

This is how I fix my GPS every time I flash a new rom (because when I do it takes 10+ mins for a lock). After I do this fix, it gets an INSTANT lock.

I got this from someone on the XDA forums. I cannot remember their name :( Credit goes to them.

I tried the GPS status before, but I did it different. I put on gps, went to the app, went to reset, then went to download. And it didn't work.

Maybe I need to exit out the app and it'll work better.

It'll download by itself I won't need to make it?

(There was another way to fix it if you're rooted, but it was a bit confusing so I didn't try it)