[UPDATE] Flash 10.1 Update Available

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by HarvesterX™, Sep 11, 2010.

1. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    So I wake up this morning and as usual I smoke my first cigarette outside sitting with my phone reading email from the night and BAM I get an update notification for Flash.

I am.going to dig into this to find out what exactly was updated but wanted to pass the message out, and maybe someone more on top of things can fill us in on any changes.

Also, after updating has anyone notices any difference in functionality? Your experiences?

2. ilovechi23

ilovechi23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    which build is you running??? I'm running lithiummod froyo but its not the latest build and I just download flash a couple hours ago...... I'm confused because I thought it was for only the latest build.

3. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Running Sapphire 1.1.1 which is as up to date as anything along with already having the original market installation. I read on Adobe that certain binary files will be updated for different phones at different times. I'm still as lost to this update as anyone else though.

4. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Same here, saph 1.1.1, grabbed it with no issues. We'll have to see how it performs...

5. Josefius

Josefius Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm running stock 2.2, and I got the update yesterday. Seems that flash is smoother and loads much better. Not sure if it's just wishful thinking or not.

6. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    New version is 10.1.92.10 for those who were wondering. Running LFY 1.6 ROM and the update showed up in the market for me.

7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    This is one good reason you get Flash from the Market, rather than a manual install. If there's an update, you're more likely to get it.

8. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Shows how behind the times I am, I didn't even realize Flash was visible in the Market for me...but there it is

9. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Actually, my initial install WAS a manual install since Flash wasn't showing up with the LFY 1.6 ROM in the market. A couple of days ago, I installed something else (Doodle Bowling, I think) and all of a sudden; Flash started showing up in my installed apps list.

And this morning, the update showed up.

10. Sandso9

Sandso9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just updated this flash and everytime i run a video the browser shuts down

11. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Sandso, rest assured. This newer(better?up for debate) release is also crashing my browser on sites that normally worked. Thank goodness I have backups of all previous versions because at this rate I haven't been able to find any enhancements at all.

So are we the only two experiencing this? I mean it isn't crashing on any site ai normally go to but something is amiss. I was running Dolphin but I suspect the stock browser will wield similar results.

As a test with each version I go to adultswim and see what games I can play. With the previous version I could at least get to the loading screen for How to Kill (Yourself) Reloaded. Now I can't even make it that far.

It has been a letdown so far but in total functionality I'm glad to still have Flash. I can do so much more with than without that I can tolerate the deal for now.

12. Sandso9

Sandso9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my and my dad both got the droid mines rooted and his is stock i tried this with his droid it did the same exact thing on his phone so adobe did something in this update :(

Search tags for this page

droid x2 adobe flash plugin youtube cm7

update motorola droid x2 on xbox