update fails

backitude

Reaction score
So how do you determine what exactly the update is failing on? I believe I restored everything but one of the items must be corrupt.

For those doing this for first time, last update I had to copy all of the apk and odex files back into system app folder, change all of their permissions and owners using Root Explorer for each file I copied in there. Once done the 893 update worked. This time around, not as lucky. Not sure if any of my replaced files were corrupted. Not sure how to tell what its breaking on

uscfan989

Reaction score
when the ! comes up, press both of the volume keys down at the same time to see where it is getting held up.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Copied all three files to the TB folder, then went into TB and was able to restore app+data for Books 1.5.2. Icon is there in dock, but it is now still giving me the error message when trying to OTA the update. Am I missing something?

It just might be your permissions need setting. Using root explorer, you need to mount for reading and writing privileges. You then long press the BooksPhone.apk and select Permissions. Check Off these boxes:
Owner- read write
Group- read
Others- read

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

backitude

Reaction score
It just might be your permissions need setting. Using root explorer, you need to mount for reading and writing privileges. You then long press the BooksPhone.apk and select Permissions. Check Off these boxes:
Owner- read write
Group- read
Others- read

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

I also had to change owners to Root/Root using the same procedure, scroll menu down it'll be the last option.

Uscfan thanks ill give it a try now

uscfan989

Reaction score
I got the owner changed, as well as the permissions... what exactly does putting those files in the TB do? the app is showing correctly on my dock still... I reloaded the app, but do i need to do something with all three files, or just leave them in the tb folder...

EDIT: just updated, but now having issue with the system/app/guidedtours.apk

backitude

Reaction score
Ya, you'll need to fix every app you removed before it'll work :-(