Update fails missing Guided tours

evile84

Reaction score
So I am apparently missing the Guided tours app and this is preventing me from updating. I have downloaded the file a couple times and try to reinstall it but it wont let me just says application not installed.

OP
E

evile84

Reaction score
Any ideas on what to do? I have been trying for hours to find a fix forthis but have had no luck

gsDroid

Reaction score
Since this is a system app I think you will have to find a copy and move it (and maybe the .odex file) to /system/app and check permissions to make sure they are the same as other system apps. I would offer mine, but I have updated and I think it is a different version than what you need.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I'm missing it, too... been googling around and stuff for a while and it looks like I need a very specific version of guidedtours.apk and the guidedtours.odex file, too! Hope I can find what I need and get this update from 901!

OP
E

evile84

Reaction score
Well I ended up having to flash my phone back to 893 to fix my issue, had to use my net book as my main PC wouldn't see my phones

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Well I ended up having to flash my phone back to 893 to fix my issue, had to use my net book as my main PC wouldn't see my phones

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Yep I had to do the same, I just did it with the bionic pathsaver.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums