Update failed???

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Update is still failing for me, I did a factory reset and am now un-rooted.

I download the update and install but when the phone reboots to install it Bootstrap kicks in! Could this be impeding the install?

Edit: I used Bootstrap to restore from my first backup, downloaded the update and it installed successfully!
Now to get it to work on my other D2, so basically one down and one to go.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just did the old standby SBF flash.

Oddly enough, I all of my apps and settings survived the flash.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just did the old standby SBF flash.

Oddly enough, I all of my apps and settings survived the flash.

That is the fastest way, that or install it manually.

Canadroid

Reaction score
Update is still failing for me, I did a factory reset and am now un-rooted.

I download the update and install but when the phone reboots to install it Bootstrap kicks in! Could this be impeding the install?

Edit: I used Bootstrap to restore from my first backup, downloaded the update and it installed successfully!
Now to get it to work on my other D2, so basically one down and one to go.

This worked for me, and at basically the same point in troubleshooting you were at! I'm stunned!

Had triple checked the bloatware apps for proper name/location, FDR, cache clear, removed root via Eousphoros terminal method...Had convinced myself it was going to be an RSD party tonight.

The backup I had saved was done with KB just after I'd rooted weeks ago...so it is a bit odd to me that the restore removed whatever checksum roadblock the OTA was hitting.

Now...I will admit with all the time I spent cross checking .apk's and whatnot last night (NSFShift....lol), I could have saved a headache just re-flashing .sbf as was rec. to me and getting on with the show. Which also would have left me better armed for the next OTA that rolls around.

But I think I'm in good hands here, when the time comes for that. :biggrin:

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
The update failed for me a couple of times until I read in the forums I had to restore all the bloatware that I renamed. Afterwards the update was successful.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, if any of you have edited the build.prop files, I believe you'll need to change them back. I'm pretty sure if that hash check fails, the update will fail, which is why I had to to an SBF update.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What if I deodexed my D2? Does that make a difference

Probably. The new generation of SBF restores wont return your phone to a NiB state -- it's the update method I used and I'm glad I did. Just do the SFB, re-root, and deodex again and you should be good to go.

iJohnnyMob

Reaction score
I dont know why my update failed :\ the only change i did was I deodexed my phone. I tried factory resetting but its still deodexed how do i do this!

Canadroid

Reaction score
My phone isnt bricked but its really glitchy :\

I know VERY little about deodex'd Droid2, but I think you're just going to have to .SBF to stock with a program called RSD Lite.

I would have had to do the same thing (and I didn't deodex files, just rooted) but I got lucky w/ a bootstrapper backup restore...

Are you running the early leaked and deodexed version of the update and now want the OTA version? If so proceed with care as I believe you may be at risk flashing back even if you have the correct SBF for 2.2? Saw some chatter on this, expert will have to chime in.