update failed

sbd

Reaction score
the update failed if i check in setting updated it said failed code 402 any ideals any any

OP
S

sbd

Reaction score
I supposed you aren;t rooted, right?

Try a restart and check again if you aren't

it was at one time but if i check it said no root access now and has for a long time

Alextodd

Reaction score
the update failed if i check in setting updated it said failed code 402 any ideals any any

402 error? Basically 402 error is the payment failed error. The source you are trying right now is trying to fetch your payment details, so that they can be paid. Make sure that you are trying to download it from a credible source. Or are you sure is it 402 error? Please check and confirm.

OP
S

sbd

Reaction score
yes if i go setting , more , about phone ,software update it said it there and that is also where i toll it to get it from

Alextodd

Reaction score
yes if i go setting , more , about phone ,software update it said it there and that is also where i toll it to get it from

From where are you trying to get it from? Can you share that source please? Only then I would be able to tell you the real problem.

jonbar87

Reaction score
Same problem here! Error 402 and I'm downloading it from the OTA....wherever that comes from. I too was rooted at first, then lost root two updates ago, and now about half way through the install I get an error and the phone reboots just to tell me the update failed (402)