update failed...

modestokid209

Reaction score
so i was rooted a while ago. unrooted now(i think) and have had the ics update fail on me 3 times now. even after doing a factory reset. this is really irratating i have been waiting for this update for a long time now and now i cant even put it on my phone. will someone please help me. please and thank you

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
Same for me. Rooted but that's it. I think I messed up too, I don't think I made a backup before I rooted? Am I hosed?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You might find more answers and help in the already existing four page thread that has the exact same title as yours: Updated Failed.

If the answer isn't there, it's a better place to continue the conversation than starting a new thread because several users are already involved and looking at that thread. At the very least, it will give you an idea of what others are doing with similar problems.

modestokid

Reaction score
Honestly, already did that this morning. No one replied. Got more help posting my own thread. Soo... how has anyone got around this?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Honestly, already did that this morning. No one replied. Got more help posting my own thread. Soo... how has anyone got around this?

Just trying to help out by pointing you in the direction of already existing discussions, which, according to the forum rules, is where this belongs. ;)

Multiple threads spread the information all over the place, which make them difficult for other users to gather useful assistance from. Keeping everything in one place is far more beneficial for individuals as well as for the community as a whole.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Did you unroot with Voodoo Rootkeeper?

If so, did you ever modify any system files under root privilege?

I had, and so the update failed verification for me. (I had deleted stock ringtones)

If you've done anything of the sort, you may not be able to update without using Matt's Utility v1.7 to restore stock GB 2.3 first.

modestokid

Reaction score
Na i didnt use voodoo. Used sum other program i cant remember off the top of my head. But i downloaded matts utility 1.7 and ran in put in option 1 and keeps saying unknown path foynd or sumin like that. Im downloading matts 1.6 right.now. will that make any difference?

Reaction score
Na i didnt use voodoo. Used sum other program i cant remember off the top of my head. But i downloaded matts utility 1.7 and ran in put in option 1 and keeps saying unknown path foynd or sumin like that. Im downloading matts 1.6 right.now. will that make any difference?

1.6 should be good. Once you restore a clean 181, assuming that is what you are on, then the update should go through. Out of curiosity, are you taking three official ota or trying to install the update manually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
im trying the official OTA. do u happen to know why i would be gettin the unknown path found thing from matts utility 1.7? if anyone has used it?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
im trying the official OTA. do u happen to know why i would be gettin the unknown path found thing from matts utility 1.7? if anyone has used it?

Yes. Unzip the archive to the ROOT of your computer. So the folder is c:\<foldername>. then run it from there. Also make sure you are unzipping the entire contents of the archive.

The path the utility resides on cannot have a space anywhere in it, such as "c:\documents and settings\user\Razrutility"

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
can it be anywere in the or does it have to be in docs and settings?

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
i am still getting "the system cannot find path specified". do you know why this is? sorry kinda newbie questions just dont get this stuff too much

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
ok so just finished using matts utility 1.6(wich worked 1.7 didnt) and so far so good. i will let you guys know once update download.(for anyone who has the same problem?