Update Failed?

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
im trying to help you but your making it difficult, you were not bricked, the android screen with the exclamation is the pre-screen to recovery where you were supposed to flash the 893 file, you push in the middle of the 2 volume keys and recovery will open, i know you didnt know that but you were trying things before i got a chance to reply.

yes i would run it again, once your in fastboot you do not want to reboot the phone until after you install the 893 file, if the script reboots the phone thats fine, the script wont fully boot the phone, it will just reboot it into recovery so you can manually choose the 893 update.

if you get stuck, ask, and give me a few minutes to catch the post

Thanks
FYI...the script said pkg:/data/local/tmp/superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL FAILED ALREADY EXISTS]

Other than that it worked, so THANK YOU so much for putting up with me and walking me through this. I'm at 893 with no superuser though. Should I uninstall and reinstall? Is there more than one superuser app that I can choose from?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
FYI...the script said pkg:/data/local/tmp/superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL FAILED ALREADY EXISTS]

Other than that it worked, so THANK YOU so much for putting up with me and walking me through this. I'm at 893 with no superuser though. Should I uninstall and reinstall? Is there more than one superuser app that I can choose from?

hmm, you dont see the superuser app? it said "failed already exist" because it was already there, thats normal
i wouldnt start over yet, try a root app and see if you have root, if not try installing superuser from the market and see what happens.

i have never had anyone say they didnt have the app after this process :(

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
hmm, you dont see the superuser app? it said "failed already exist" because it was already there, thats normal
i wouldnt start over yet, try a root app and see if you have root, if not try installing superuser from the market and see what happens.

i have never had anyone say they didnt have the app after this process :(

I didn't mean start over literally, just the superuser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Seems to be ok now. Why did you specifically say to do the 893 and not the 901 update? Would I just run the pathsaver again for 901? Thanks again so much.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I didn't mean start over literally, just the superuser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Seems to be ok now. Why did you specifically say to do the 893 and not the 901 update? Would I just run the pathsaver again for 901? Thanks again so much.

no you dont have to run it again, you can boot into recovery and flash it but its 50-50 if you keep root, i wouldnt try it if your happy with the 893.

the reason i said to not flash 901 is because if you skip the 893 and go right to 901 things will go very wrong lol