Update Failed?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'm curious. Does this mean we are staying at 893? Can I go back and flash the 901? Or shouldn't I do that?

you can flash 901 now if you want, its on your sd, before you do, even though the pathsaver applies the forever hack i recommend to everyone, open the original forever script and re-apply the forever hack only, option 3 or 4 i think not 1 or 2. alot of people loose root going to 901, this methods greatly reduces the chances of loosing root (not fool proof though, sometimes you just have to start over)

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
the files have to be on your sd-ext, after you move those files :) start the pathsaver and see what happens, we dont care about the files part you will have already done that, what were looking for is the phone to reboot itself into fastboot, if it does not do it by itself, leave the pathsaver prompt open, power off your phone, disconnect the usb cable, press and hold the volume down button (dont let go lol) now press the power button for 2 seconds then let it go, as soon as the fastboot screen comes up let go of the volume button (it should be right away), next plug the usb cable back in, at this point the pathsaver script should start flashing things, look at the prompt and verify only, it shouldnt need any input, if its not doing anything we will have to drop back and punt lol

ok, about to do this. One question first...you say to power off my phone and then disconnect the usb cable? in that order?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
ok, about to do this. One question first...you say to power off my phone and then disconnect the usb cable? in that order?

yes, only do those steps if your phone doesnt do it by itself after it fails to transfer the files

you said this before,
".......Pushing 5.9.901...
failed to copy (same as above except 901)
rebooting phone to bootloader..

Told me to disconnect and I did. I think......"

when it said "rebooting to bootloader" did it actually reboot?

you said "Told me to disconnect and I did." can you explain that, when did it tell you and what screen was your phone on?

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
yes, only do those steps if your phone doesnt do it by itself after it fails to transfer the files

you said this before,
".......Pushing 5.9.901...
failed to copy (same as above except 901)
rebooting phone to bootloader..

Told me to disconnect and I did. I think......"

when it said "rebooting to bootloader" did it actually reboot?

you said "Told me to disconnect and I did." can you explain that, when did it tell you and what screen was your phone on?

OMG I think it's working on stock Rom with forever root. It's sending systems, writing systems, sending preinstalls, webtop etc. A bunch of "OKAY's" so far...keeping my fingers crossed. Phone is in AP Fastboot flash mode. It pushed both 893 and 901 so I don't know what, if anything, I'll end up with. Hope it works and I keep root!

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
OMG I think it's working on stock Rom with forever root. It's sending systems, writing systems, sending preinstalls, webtop etc. A bunch of "OKAY's" so far...keeping my fingers crossed. Phone is in AP Fastboot flash mode. It pushed both 893 and 901 so I don't know what, if anything, I'll end up with. Hope it works and I keep root!

Phone is bricked. I have an exclamation point with a little android guy. Now what?

karenjnadeau

Reaction score

Ok, after all that, I was able to reboot but I am still on 886, but my superuser app isn't opening. I think i'm still rooted though. this sucks. the pathsaver got hung up on webtop, but eventually moved on. Then it said something about "persistence"...then my phone rebooted and the pc continued to run scripts but my phone wasn't showing anything. Should I try again?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Phone is bricked. I have an exclamation point with a little android guy. Now what?

im assuming pathsaver finished and the prompt closed? then the phone rebooted into recovery? from recovery you chose and installed the 893 file?

i need a little more detail other than its bricked
will it turn off?
if you pull the battery and replace and turn it on what happens?
can you get into fastboot using the volume method i told you earlier?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Ok, after all that, I was able to reboot but I am still on 886, but my superuser app isn't opening. I think i'm still rooted though. this sucks. the pathsaver got hung up on webtop, but eventually moved on. Then it said something about "persistence"...then my phone rebooted and the pc continued to run scripts but my phone wasn't showing anything. Should I try again?

the phone rebooted to what? to your home screen?

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
im assuming pathsaver finished and the prompt closed? then the phone rebooted into recovery? from recovery you chose and installed the 893 file?

i need a little more detail other than its bricked
will it turn off?
if you pull the battery and replace and turn it on what happens?
can you get into fastboot using the volume method i told you earlier?

I'm back but I lost superuser. should i run it again?

Cooly1911

Reaction score

I'd run it again. This time try a little patience, or a lot of patience. Some of this takes time. When you get stuck, maybe wait for a bit of help. Again this script take a long time time complete, and there is a couple things that you may need, for example I had to install the radio fix to get mine to complete.

Good Luck!

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
yes, to my home screen (lock screen). I still seem to have root access but lost superuser

I tried updating superuser app, and using su update fixer, but I still get "the application Superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close or report.

Sigh...

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

im trying to help you but your making it difficult, you were not bricked, the android screen with the exclamation is the pre-screen to recovery where you were supposed to flash the 893 file, you push in the middle of the 2 volume keys and recovery will open, i know you didnt know that but you were trying things before i got a chance to reply.

yes i would run it again, once your in fastboot you do not want to reboot the phone until after you install the 893 file, if the script reboots the phone thats fine, the script wont fully boot the phone, it will just reboot it into recovery so you can manually choose the 893 update.

if you get stuck, ask, and give me a few minutes to catch the post

Thanks

karenjnadeau

Reaction score
im trying to help you but your making it difficult, you were not bricked, the android screen with the exclamation is the pre-screen to recovery where you were supposed to flash the 893 file, you push in the middle of the 2 volume keys and recovery will open, i know you didnt know that but you were trying things before i got a chance to reply.

yes i would run it again, once your in fastboot you do not want to reboot the phone until after you install the 893 file, if the script reboots the phone thats fine, the script wont fully boot the phone, it will just reboot it into recovery so you can manually choose the 893 update.

if you get stuck, ask, and give me a few minutes to catch the post

Thanks

ok sorry..I'm running it again. Stay tuned...

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Thanks for the help bweN diorD! I have Everything up to date and I'm installing {K}in3tx now. I appreciate you time!!:)