Update failed?!

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
just a note I am on my 3rd bionic from verison I will never get another one from them all 3 will not update none have 3 or 4 g most of the time big wast of time and money.I'm no phone tech I don"t have time to try to mess with a junk phone :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:any one want to buy a phone??
1 :were you able to download the update? You can't update without a data connection.
2:Did you activate with *228. the data won't work with any Bionic consistently until you do this.

Mer2112

Reaction score
1 :were you able to download the update? You can't update without a data connection.
2:Did you activate with *228. the data won't work with any Bionic consistently until you do this.

I don't think *228 works with 4G phones. You'll get an error.

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
I don't think *228 works with 4G phones. You'll get an error.

it won't actually make a call like their other phones but it does enable the data. I had a level 2 tech walk me through the setup. I was screaming at him, "I HAVE NO DATA" why are you making me do this. I already know the phone works. but I did it anyway and about 15 to 30 seconds after my data popped up 5 bars all blue. It just has a message in the window that said something about 3g/4g/data is activated for this phone. he told me that the SIM card activated the calling ability the *228 is what turns the Data on. I didn't do that with my first Bionic because the guy who installed my missing SIM card did it for me.