update equals lost applications

Pepito1134

Reaction score
So I unloaded z4Root and also, thru Superuser, toggled off z4Root, Bloat Freezer, Droid 2 Bootstrapper, an app called Root Explorer, and Superuser itself. Reboot phone, download update, that black screen with the intense green letters comes up (CWM), reboot back to phone as it is and get message that update has failed. Then, per your message, especially since I haven't really done anything else with my phone except freeze some apps, which I've un-froze, where is CWM, aside from in Droid 2 Bootstrapper which I thot was frozen, and how do I get rid of it? Do these apps, at least z4Root, D2Bootstrapper and Superuser have to be physically removed from the phone?

And another question, do I need to download SBF and do all of that if I delete those 3 apps and the only non-stock thing on my phone is Go Launcher EX?

Hello, total noob here, but im on an Droid2Global, with z4Root, Bootstrapper, and Superuser installed on my phone, all in order to get AndroidTether to work with my 3G network. Its essential for my job, and i use it every day.
After about 3-4 days of trying, today, i finally got the damn update to download. It needed a super strong WiFi signal from my home computer to actually get started. Took 20 min, then it said, reboot in order to install. I clicked reboot now. Phone went black, came back on and displayed Update has Failed. Did not Install.
Ok so what the hell happened? Im a noob, I dont even know where the update downloaded to.
Do i need to unroot, and delete all these apps, and go back to Vanilla Android like the day i bought it for this update to work? and if so, after the update is installed, will i be able to download all those apps again, and get my android tether to work properly so that i can work?
Whats the best solution here? should i just ignore this update and get left behind in the update department? because i really dont want to have my Tether down for more than maybe a day.
Thanks